How long do you give this franchise til you're tired of waiting?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As a Titans fan we were spoiled early. After moving from Houston, the Oilers became the Tennessee Titans, but within 1 year we were in the Super Bowl. Fast forward 12 years later and here we are still without a Super Bowl Title.

Now normally waiting 12-13 years is no problem, but within all that time we could have won 3 Super Bowl Championships. We've easily fielded 3 Championship caliber teams in the past 13 years. The Cowboys, Dolphin's, and Steelers all saw early success sending at least 2 teams to the Super Bowl since its inception. Little bit later in time some of us have seen the 49er's and Patriots do similar things. But when will our time come?

I know most NFL teams haven't won the Super Bowl, but I hold this team to a higher standard, I want a title, and soon!

2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Honestly.... forever.

Part of being a fan. When I watched basketball, it was the hometown Sacramento Kings. Was a fan when we were known as the "armpit of the NBA," and was a fan through the Divac/Webber/Bibby era.

You are there for the good times and the bad times.

• High Five High Five x 9
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Just going by averages, the Titans should only win one Super Bowl every 32 years. If someone is so impatient that he is ready to give up on the team after fewer than 15 years* of waiting, then good riddance. Tell that to a Browns fan or a Lions fan and they will laugh in your face.

The wait will only make it sweeter when it finally does happen.

*I am only counting Titans history here, not Oilers, since most fans here seem to have come aboard for the Tennessee years only

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

As long as it takes.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Till' I die. Titans forever.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There is no other answer than "as long as it takes"..
    Otherwise you are just a fairweather fan.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I grew up a Chiefs fan, never, ever thought that an NFL franchise would wind up in Tennessee, so forever. That being said, we had 3 legitimate shots at a title. 99' of course we wound up 1 yard short, (in my imagination fishface would have gone for two to win instead of playing for the tie if we would have scored), in 2000 and 2008 we had the best record in the NFL and fishface did his usual.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I started my NFL fandom as a Bengal fan then later adopted The Titans when I moved to Nashville. That's three SB losses, no wins in one lifetime so far.
    NFL is the only sport I bleed for and the thought of never knowing what it's like to see a SB win is a very real possibility makes every season count that much more.
    It would be a big friggin deal..

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

It does suck to have to go through such tough times but we are in much better shape than a lot of other teams. The cowboys, jets, and even the redskins are all teams that spend a lot of money on free agents, make big trades yet continue to disappoint. We never spend big during FA, we never make significant trades (Quinn Johnson doesn't count), and we never get any love from the media.

Our future looks very bright and I think that we are closer now than we have been in a long time. Sure we should have won the whole thing back in 08 but no sense in crying over spilled milk.

So I guess I'm trying to say.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Titans (with the obvious exception of my parents) are the only thing I've loved and cared for so passionately for this long. The Titans, pizza and boobies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar