How mad will you be...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 12, 2007.

?
  1. Worse than the Griffen move! Fire him!

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Well, let's just see. Hill might be good!

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Fisher's the coach, so all his decisions are right.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. I'm a colt/jag/texan fan. I'd be thrilled!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

Or like Deron Jenkins over Sidney.

Or like Kerry Collins over Billy Volek.

Or like Sanders and Isaac Byrd over Mason.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Dainon Sydney... whatever happened to him? Didn't he play for the Cowboys?

Oh and I will be mad unless Finnegan begins to lose ground (which I hope won't happen)

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

U1timat3 PwnAg3

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The ball where the pass was complete, he was in perfect coverage. Not much you can do with a ball thrown like that over a receiver's shoulder. He was stride for stride with Santana Moss - one of the most dangerous guys in the league when it comes to speed and the long ball.
    Hill wouldn't have even been close and definitely wouldn't have made the tackle to stop the receiver once the ball was caught.

Finnegan made good hits, one causing a fumble, remember? That alone crapped all over Hill's existence.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Last year I posed that Fisher was showing signs of insanity and reaching his point of incompetence. Hey, it happens to great leaders all the time.

Hill over CoFinn would be further proof.

Folks, when the team started winning last season, you let Fisher off the hook. You have to remember that Fisher NEVER wanted VY in the draft, and he didn't want him on the field either. If KFC had finished that game with a QB rating of 3.1 instead of 1.3, he'd STILL be at the helm.

In 06-07, the Titans won games that they clearly should have lost. This happened because one guy refused to stand down. Everyone else involved-including the coach-thought that winning was a fluke. VY thinks winning is a duty. Fisher was out-coached by his own player.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I really like this post, it's got a lot of substance. Second paragraph sounds like a narrative to the beginning of some epic movie. Just thought I'd get that out there.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

[Don LaFontaine]
    In a world where everyone thinks winning is just a fluke, ONE MAN is preparing his comrades for a lesson in DUTY!
    [/Don LaFontaine]

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Finn will win the starting spot, as long as it appears that someone else has the ability to start at the nickle position. Let's not forget, with teams employing 3 & 4 receiver sets, the nickle position is a must for a starter type CB. That's why they were reluctant to let him start over Hill last year, b/c that would have left us vunerable in the slot. I honestly believe he will have the job, and named the starter by week.

Question?, this thread questions Fishers decision making as far as personnel goes, but do we know for sure that it isn't Schwartz making the calls about personnel on the defensive side of the ball?

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Given the three extreme options, I'll go with Fisher is always right. I'd never make that blanket statement, but none of the other options are reasonable either.

Starting LT over Griffen was a good move, considering that Griffen is trying to learn the CB position, and has been working on it all summer.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar