How many of you guys are secretly cheering for us to lose?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Don't get me wrong. i love the titans but i think we could use another year in the top 3 in the draft, but at the same time i don't want losing to have an affect on Young.

2. killacalititans

killacalititans Camp Fodder

im guilty but i wat it to be close games

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont want to lose. i dont cheer to lose. i hate losing...but i can at least see the silver lining in it.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It's like this. I root to win, and for Young to do well, but if we lose, I ain't sad either. As we get closer to the end of the season I might actually root for a loss. That's just reality. It's better for the team at this point to lose games. All that mental stuff about learning how to win is ridiculous. Bring in a stud and he will carry the team to wins next year, and the hurdle of losing hopped.

5. well to be honest i dont think we could have brought in more of a stud to carry the team than vince, but i really want us to win but its much better if we dont right now cause we need another high draft pick and then ill be super dissappointed next year if we are still losing, especially with the free agents that we should be able to gring in

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I root to win. Something is wrong with the dudes who root against there team, no offense...

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh goot lawd, here we go again.....

we play to win. The draft has proven to be almost useless.
    No, I don't want to hear about VY.

8. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

[​IMG]

HELLO? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I look at it as a win-win....sorta. I want the team to win every game. Losing still sucks. But if we lose, it's at least a little consolation that we will draft higher, which should lead to better players....should, but not always.

We shouldn't have had any realistic win/loss goals this year. To me the goals are seeing improvement from the young guys and trying to find core guys. Of course staying close in losses at least shows that you aren't as far away as some bad teams can be. So there can be some positives even in a losing season, but damn I'd trade those L's for wins....especially last week. Maybe next year the more meaningful wins start coming again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar