How many qbs have had a turnover since Mariota....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Wingman, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Interesting stuff.

2. Wingman

Wingman Starter

That doesn't count for all the QB fumbles during that time that other QB had and Mariota didn't. Despite the run, if he has a turnover in k.c. There will be idiots wanting us to play Tanney or Cassel

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. JBC

JBC Starter

Steaks always seem to end once people start making a big deal about them. Mariota is doomed now.

4. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I got on Reddit just to post the 140 INTs by 39 passers since Mariota's last INT on there, and it's currently the #4 trending article in the NFL subreddit and #1 trending article in the Titans subreddit.

No, it doesn't, INTs was the best I could do without really extensive work. The relational database won't let be restrict turnover by a particular position, but it will allow me to restrict type of turnover (INT vs fumble). So, I just took the fumbles out and went with INT. To get the fumbles in, I'd have to manually sort threw them 1 by 1 to determine if the fumble was by a QB and if it was ultimately lost or recovered by a member of the fumbling team. I love running stats ... but not that much. :p hahahaha

5. JBC

JBC Starter

The next person who brings up an active streak on this forum should be banned for life!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

The jinx was real.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Ohhhh now we can compare attempts for interceptions but not for yards?? lmao.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wouldn't it make sense if we're talking about ints vs others to also compare attempts?

Or strength of opposing pass D's?

Nah. You guys are the most cherry-picking statists on the planet.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Yeah you're not being hypocritical at all right now. How am I cherry picking stats when I'm telling you to apply it to both arguments you have?

10. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

No, because attempts or opponents doesn't matter, it's simply a measure of what has happened in the NFL from this day to that day. They do it constantly in NFL broadcasts, it's a fairly common practice.

However, you want to look at the defenses he had faced in that stretch? Let's take a look:
    Bears #6 vs pass
    Broncos #1 vs pass

So, 50% of the defenses he faced in that stretch was Top 10 pass defenses.

What about during his 2+ TD passes in 8 straight games?
    Bears #6
    Jags #4
    Phins #10

So, nearly half of the teams we faced in that stretch were Top 10 pass defenses.

They aren't cherry-picked stats, they're just facts. Mariota has been playing really good football, since Week 5.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar