How many wins to get the center of the Titans FO

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not going to do this in a "poll" format because I think it merits discussion and not just a blind answer.

What is the minimum number of wins (or what games must we win) to insure that Fisher keeps his job?

I really think he has to get at least 5 wins with one or two against a quality opponent.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think the second half of the season is much more important than the first. Also, I don't think there is a magic number for wins. Two main factors:
    1. Don't lose the locker room like last year
    2. Play competitive down the stretch against quality opponents like the Giants, Colts and Jags.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Since they became the Tennessee Titans:
    13-3
    13-3
    7-9
    11-5
    12-4

then the salary dump years
    5-11
    4-12
    We lose our long-time leader/QB in the offseason and bring in a rookie QB - everyone in the organization knows this is not going to be a competitive season.
    I don't see Fish getting fired.. He may quit to go someplace where he has more say...

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He has a real chance of getting fired if something doesn't happen to keep tickets and merchandise selling. I assume then, your answer is zero wins.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

''

Tix will be sold no matter what.. There's alot of popular teams coming here this year and this area is filled with transplants. Perenial sellouts..
    Do you really think Fish's job has anything to do with merch numbers?

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm sensing Fisher is getting tired here. Will it be enough to pack bags? I don't know. I'm pretty sure Bud expects zero wins with Collins here. It's all about what goes down with Young at the helm, and getting him ready.

7. Nash

Nash Starter

one thing for sure, the Reese / Fisher split is over...Fisher might stay if he's given total control.. otherwise look for a house cleaning... although anyone who comes here is going to want control over player personel decisions and coaching...

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

More importantly. Just how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Unless we make the playoffs, I think Fisher, or the coaching staff should be fired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar