how much worse

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by omahacolt, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

will the titans be this year. given that they lost their best player?

is this a 10 win team now? what do titans fans think

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Volunteers10

Volunteers10 Camp Fodder

When did we lose Reynaldo Hill?

3. mdfan

mdfan Starter

We may have lost Al, a good returner in Carr and WR Brandon Jones. We have gained a more aggressive Defensive Coordinator in Cecil and what looks to be a good WR in Nate Washington so far. I do see our team winning more than 10 games next season.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

I must say... this past season, the drop-off in the defense without Haynesworth wasn't as bad as the previous.

I'm not as worried as maybe I should be. :ha:

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"how much worse"

as if we were bad last year.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I do think we will be worse off. It sucks to say but losing AH will have a cascading effect right through the defense. From run stop to pass coverage. There will be a significant drop off in overall defense IMO, probably moving us up 5-8 spots overall. However I think our offense will be better this coming year especially with another year under Chris Johnson's belt.That and the addition by subtraction with JMac.

I say 10 wins sounds about right. Who knows though, no one saw 13-3 so you can never really say.

We'll still be on top in this division with those stinking Colts eating our dirt that we'll be kicking up.:yes::moon2:

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I totally agree. The drop off this year didn't seem as bad but there was definitely a drop off. And I think the 3.5 sacks by Jones overshadowed some other issues like the overall yards we gave up. Which was just over 400.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hard to say until after the draft and after we get our final (if any) free agents. Add a Tory Holt and a top CB or DE or DT or TE or RB or OC/OG and you can change the complexion of the team.

Our defense will be a key. If we're having trouble stopping the run, our D could slide to middle of the pack as teams will have better success getting longer drives on us - which translates to more yards given up, more TOP, more points, fewer turnovers, and puts more pressure on the offense.

Right now our DL is patch worked which is gonna be a problem versus the Colts who are not gonna let us substitue in our pass rushers on 3rd and long nor our run defenders on 3rd and short. This is why I don't like tweeners who are masters of nothing.

Gut

9. I'm in total agreement. The rest of our defense really came into its own last year with the emergence of Finnegan and Griffin. Our secondary really stepped up big last year. I can only hope that wasn't a by product of our defensive line.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

10 +/- 3

you never know with these dern titans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar