how much worse

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by omahacolt, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He will no longer be committed... he only made the Pro Bowl in the previous two seasons... that's because they were contract years. He doesn't care about the team. He cares about his the money going into his pocket... most players are like that, but at least the majority of them will play hard 100% of the time. Albert won't play as hard anymore. I don't blame him, but after this season he just isn't worth the hype or the money.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Keep in mind all of our losses were a bit flukey.

Jets - Played really poorly, were better than them in every way but we just had a very off day.

Texans - Could have kicked a FG and beat them but we passed on that.

Colts - Vince Young played the majority of the game.

So as you can see there's very good reasons we lost the 3 games, it's very possible to get back to 13 wins.

3. pookha

pookha Camp Fodder

i agree with this because albert had a history of spotty motivation and performance.
    for washington to fork over so much of that money after one season could be a big mistake for them.

will there be a drop off with him gone..
    yes to a degree but i think the team overcame a psychological hurdle when they won the steelers game without him.
    and the titans do have one of the dline coaches in the league who seems to have the abiltiy to really coach up players.

4. chronbrownie012

chronbrownie012 Starter

Our offense will be slightly better with Nate Washington and presumably an offensive weapon of some sort in the early rounds.

Our defense will be slightly worse without Al...

I think we're a 10 or 11 win team

I think we'll be about the same talent wise....but it takes something pretty special to start 10-0...i don't see us doing that again

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I expect a 12-4 season if not better. Anything under 11 wins would be a huge disappointment IMO.

The top 3 teams in the league should be:
    1. Titans
    2. Patriots
    3. Steelers

The rest is really up in the air, and it's too hard to decide before free agency/draft needs are fulfilled. I hope we get home field advantage and pull a "Bernard Pollard" on Tom Brady in the AFC Championship... and then pull a "Roy Williams" on Randy Moss ;)

Bernard Pollard is a true American hero who deserves a pay-raise and a trip to the Pro Bowl!

All remains the same... AFC > NFC

I do have high expectations for the Saints because I think it's about time they make a nice playoff run again.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's way to early to speculate on this. The draft hasn't even happened yet!

We should all be concerned about the loss of AH and what it means to our run defense, and ball control game plan.

Other than that, we'll have to see what injuries occur and what else transpires through the end of preseason.

We SHOULD be one of the better teams in the AFC and in contention for a playoff spot. And looking at our division, I only see the Jags getting worse, the Colts really haven't added anyone important I can think of, and the Texans are probably improving but I'm not sold on this being their break-through year.

7. iQon

iQon Starter

Again, there is not a player in this league worthy of a $100m contract. For that price tag, good riddance.

I will gladly put my eggs in the Haye/Brown/Jones/??? basket and just fix up the weak spots that will be exposed. AH was a new man when his contract/franchise tag years came up, how about we just focus on the guys we have now. The one's who have already shown dedication and a willingness to earn a job with no strings attached? You probably never really noticed when Al was in or out of a live game, you won't notice next year. Wait and see.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Reality check. With all hands on deck, we won 13 games. The Patriots without Tom Brady (and no vet backup) won 11 games. We lost our best player to free agency and they are getting back one of the top 5 players in the league. And the Steelers had less talent than either and still managed to overcome a terrible OL to go on and win the Super Bowl.

One can dream...but come on. That'd be like saying we got Peyton Manning and he'd only improve our team by 1 win while the Colts would only lose one more game....

If the Titans D holds up decently (top 10 in yards AND scoring) then we'll be fine and in the mix.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

The worry is that the way the Colts play on offense won't allow us to sub as much of our DL and they will take advantage...run vs our pass rushers and pass vs our run stoppers. The Colts are one of the few teams that can make you pay with rotations/subs. The other thing is...if our D is worse and the Texans add a potent WR and pass rusher via the draft, they could give us problems. If they draft well and play well, they could make some noise this year.

Can you imagine how much improved the Colts will be if they take a WR in rnd 1...either a Hakeem Nicks or DHB to play on the outside...or a Percy Harvin in the slot. They could be a major problem this year!

And speaking of playoffs, the Colts and Pats are two of the major players who would not let us sub players when we want since we're trying to replace AH with DT by committee.

Gut

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

How much worse? What kind of question is that?

Sure we lost Al and his absence will be felt. BUT I am sure that our guys will have something for those who question how we will do without Al.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar