How short is Jakes leash this season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This is Jakes make or break year, he'll be given atleast half the year. If he isn't showing any signs of improvement and our record sucks, I could see Fitz getting the nod. Munch knows he has to prove something this season, if he doesn't he'll get the can. If we get a new head coach that likely means a new QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Barring injury of course. :)

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

My biggest concern with Jake is his inability to win in crunch time. This is what I what to see the most improvement in!

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How much pep is in CJ's step?

How high can Kenny Britt go?

How many whiffs will Griffin get this year?

All threads that would be more quality than this one.

WTF is it going to take for the mods to prevent Vince Young's boyfriend from starting threads?

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

TitansWillWin2 in his room on goTitans.com

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

Us arguing with TWW2

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I don't understand what makes you say Fitzpatrick is a proven QB?

Proven that he sucks maybe, the guy couldn't even land a spot on the Bills. The only reason he is here is because he is cheaper than Hass, not better.... and Hass sucked it up to.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If Fitzpatrick is starting for any other reason than injury it means Jake Locker was awful, the team had a terrible record, Munch is as good as gone and the next coaching staff will probably be looking to overhall the position entirely. Fitzpatrick isn't here to start.

The 8th pick overall gets more than 11 starts, especially when the front office and coaching staff is tied to his success or failure. They need to be right about Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

He was due a ton of money, thats why he's out of Buffalo

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

This is very true, I think we will see a big improvement in that area from Locker as well ... its hard to have good foot work when you are consistently under pressure, and fixing the OL should help there. I also think that an entire offseason with him knowing he is the starter will help as well. He won't have to split reps this year during TC/preseason, so I think he will get more comfortable with everything going on. When you aren't comfortable, you tend to revert back to old habits (ie bad footwork).

And I think we went into the season knowing that Locker would struggle last year, but they were just growing pains that had to happen. Unfortunately injuries kept him from growing as much as he should've last year, but I still think that we will see some big strides made this season. Having a better team around him to take of pressure will be a big help to his development too.
    I am with holding judgement on Loggains right now. He really wasn't given a fair chance, coming into the middle of the season with a banged up OL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar