How Should The Titans Address the WR Position?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Apr 16, 2009.

?
  1. Torry Holt

34 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. Anquan Boldin

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Chad Johnson

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Braylon Edwards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Draft

19 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. We're good with the WR's we have

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Looks like 41% of the voters will be unhappy now since Holt signed with the Faguars.

3. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

Looks like the draft just became the most realistic option. Let's hope we can hit on a WR this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Interesting that there is no SB, it's creatively done with him needing to EARN more money based on playing time and performance. This could be a very good contract for the Jags...and a not so great one for Holt. If the Jags don't want him after yr one...they cut him and take no cap hit.

Wonder what we were offering if THAT'S the best deal he could get considering they don't look like a playoff team in the next year or two...

Gut

5. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Did Holt ever take a physical? The knee must be really shaky for him to agree to a deal with no SB.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A 1st and 3rd won't come close for boldin. Not when we are picking 30th.

For us it is more like a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th. Basically our whole draft.

I would just rather use some of those picks on WRs and hope they pan out.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No SB for holt but the first year is guaranteed. His average salary for the 3 years is $4.3M. My guess is that the difference between what he got from the jags and what we offered him is that extra $3M in incentives he can earn per year if he is productive and plays almost every game.

Says something about holt to take a deal like that. He still thinks he can play and welcomes the challenge as opposed to wanting all he can up front.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I actually don't think that would be enough. I bet they won't take anything less than a 1, 2 and 3 with the Titans picking #30.

I think the contract Boldin will want is as big an issue.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Wait, what happened to all the latest and greatest about teams now wanting to trade down, because no one wants to pick first anymore.
    By that logic, shouldn't the Titan's spot be more coveted?

10. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Giving up our first three picks is kinda much. I'm not doubting Boldin, I think he is a great WR and I would love to have him but thats a little much to give up. Not saying he isn't worth it, I just think thats a lot of other possible great players we miss out on. Now if we could give up our first and third this year and our second next year then that sounds a little better to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar