How surprised would you be if...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Sep 27, 2010.

?
  1. It's not even a possibility

38.3%
  2. Extremely surprised

31.7%
  3. Mildly surprised

25.0%
  4. It's pretty much a given... he's gone

5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Yep, it'll get ugly. I hope the front office stands their ground. RB's are plentiful, maybe not 2000 yard backs, but that is a luxury not a necessity.

CJ has just shown how we need a true NFL QB. The Titan QB flaw has been exposed. I'm hoping Rusty (or a high draft pick QB) will take the reigns eventually. CJ will be out of the league in a few years anyway. I wouldn't pay him, I'd trade him while his stock is high.

He's a great player and I'm glad we have him, but the dude was lucky to be a 1st rounder. The Titans took a gamble. He was projected 2nd or 3rd round......He should be grateful for 1st round money, not a diva.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The problem is that even if he has an average year, there will be excuses and also other teams like the Raiders, Redskins who throw so much money at a player and his agent that they inflate their value. Rosenhaus will be using the leverage of Oakland giving him a max deal, so as to cause a holdout and I can see him sitting out without a staggering deal. Finance 101; sell high, besides with the wear and tear this kid has his first 3 yrs and his slight frame, he's not gonna hold up. He's been fortunate to stay remarkably healthy, how long does that usually last? Look at what has happened to Slaton, Bush, Felix Jones, guys with similar builds. It's inevitable, especially w/Fisherball.

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen. People just get on here to complain about stuff they know nothing about, throw random rumors around, or just stir it up with posts like this. WONT HAPPEN. Why would anyone want Rashard Mendenhall over CJ honestly? Cause hes having a good start this year? What else has he done. NOTHING. You have a 2,000 yard rusher and you complain.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not sure how much of this was directly toward me but... I wasn't complaining about anything. Nor starting rumors. Nor trying to "stir it up". I was just thinking about the situation and was wondering what my fellow Titans fans thought about it. And I've clearly stated in this thread that I DO NOT WANT Chris Johnson to be traded. However I do think those of you who are so sure his new contract is going to go down without a hitch and a trade isn't even a remote possibility are being a bit naive. But hey, time will tell. I hope you guys turn out to be right.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

His taking his talents to south beach hollywood hollywood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No joke thats whats gonna happend^^^

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If CJ wants that big contract he might want to start showing it sometime soon.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

There is a guy down in Tuscaloosa that wears #3 i wouldn't mind having as our feature back someday :) His initials are TR..

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Though... everyone seemed to be high on McFadden and Coffee too. Hmmm...

but Richardson is actually legit.

9. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

We have a 2,000 yard rusher now but we won't in two years.

Would you really risk your franchise player walking after his contract expires knowing D@MN well you're not gonna give him the money he's demanded just for him to get that money he wants from a division rival or a conference foe we would have to deal with in the post-season?

The reality is Tennessee is not gonna gonna give CJ the money he wants and quite frankly there's nothing wrong with discussing something that could become a reality, CJ could very well be dealt after this year.

On that note I'd love to see CJ for stephen jackson and 2 1st, or or CJ for fitzgerald and a 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar