How would you feel about trading for Aldon Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbaknedkly, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

49ers would have cut Aldon Smith if he hadn’t taken revised deal | ProFootballTalk

This is my first thread created so bear with me and if someone could turn it into a poll then fine but I was wondering why don't we go after Aldon Smith. His deal with San Francisco is not fully guaranteed after the restructure and the reality of the situation is they are probably not going to resign him or franchise him with all of the off-field distractions of his.

He should be fairly motivated to prove he is still a dominant pass rusher and we have money we need to spend. Why not trade our 4th and Patriots 6th to the 49'ers and get Aldon. San Fran may be willing to take picks to rebuild due to the fallout of their offseason so far. We could then try and sign him long-term with our cap space available but wisely structure it to get out of it with any off-field incidents. We can get him to probably sign for $10-11 million a year now before he blows up 2015 like Justin Houston did and get him at a discount. Maybe 5yrs $70 million with $35-40 million guaranteed and front load it with escape clauses for conduct.

Smith on one side and Orakpo or Hardy or (insert Morgan or rookie) on the other should be able to get some pressure on the QBs we face this year.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We could use him. For a 4th bring him in. Maybe his pal Delanie Walker can keep him straight..

3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Seems too much like a pipe dream.

I'd love to have Aldon, regardless of his antics, but it's just not realistic for him to be in Nashville.

If he's not on the trading block, then he's not going anywhere, nor is any team going to try and pry him away.

Also, if we were to get Smith, there's no way we would get Hardy too.

Nice thought though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Hardy and smith are both ideal I would love either but the way that kuharsky wants it we will end up with neither.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

The guy is a headache - I live in Bay Area and that's one of the main topics on sports radio out here with the Niners. Yes great talent, yes fills a huge need, but I'm hoping this franchise stops drafting and or bringing in bone- heads - all indications are is at the top of the bone-head list.

7. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I know. It seems like any good quality free agent coming to the Titans is a pipe dream. He probably isn't actively being shopped but I bet they would listen to offers. No one saw the McCoy and Alonso deal coming. Why not shock the world again with a trade for Smith.

8. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Yes please. LOL

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bump

Aldon arrested again Thursday night for hit & run, DUI and vandalism. His 3rd DUI arrest.

[​IMG]

Is this guy done?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar