How would you rank these teams with all these HC vacancies

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think they have a lot of talent. Gerald McCoy, Revis, Dashon Goldson, Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Doug Martin, Adrien Clayborn, Vincent Jackson.

I think they could use an upgrade along the O-line and they definitely need a QB, but they have a lot of talent on defense.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

1. Lions
    2. Texans
    3. Vikings
    4. Titans
    5. Bucs
    6. Washington

Lions have a solid offense w/ Bush, Calvin, & Stafford + a Top-10 pick and Suh. They have talent, just need a new coach to shake things up and some help on D. Texans still have two good WRs, Watt, Foster/Tate, Cushing, & others. They're missing a QB from being a Top-8 team, and have that coming in Teddy Bridgewater. Vikings have AP and a young team, they had what... 3 1st rounders last year? AP has 2-3 more solid years in him. They also have a Top-10 pick to add a QB. We all know about the Titans. Bucs have some players: Muscle Hamster, VJAX, solid OL, & a decent secondary. They need a new front 4 and a QB - which can be done, needs a couple of years however. Washington has a crazy owner, RG3 drama, but potential for RG3 to be elite again. That defense needs completely rebuilt other than their OLBs, whom are always hurt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nobody respects the Browns huh? LOL

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Browns had two top tier coordinators in Norv & Horton. Chud was doing a great job at HC, considering who his QB & RBs were. Firing doesn't make sense, they're not going to get a better coaching staff then what they had. They were a QB away from actually being in playoff discussion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Texans I feel would be a decent choice. If Foster can stay healthy, you have a franchise back. Andre Johnson still has a few good years left in him, and you have a great pass rusher in JJ Twatt. Got some good pieces in place, just need a QB, stability, and some filler pieces.

You also have the first pick in each round, and you play in a terrible division.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

JJ fell off big time this year. He was a ghost this season after being almost 2008 Haynesworth like last year.
    No guarantee that foster will ever be the same (and RBs usually don't last very long even without injury) Andre Johnson is done as an elite WR, IMO. He can't catch a cold.

They are a team of nobodies and and has-been WR. Besides JJ Watt.. their team is completely replaceable.

Looks more like an NFL Europe team..

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Josh Gordon maybe the best wr in the league and they have great young TE a great cover corner and decent front 7 on defense, not sure the browns do not have better players than the titans.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Lions
    Texans/Titans/Redskins/Vikings
    Bucs
    Browns

I think it's Lions first and then a pretty decent drop off. Bush/Stafford/Megatron and a solid DLine gives you a lot to work with.
    Texans have Watt and Cushing, and Foster should be good again next year. Johnson is still good and Martin has been looking very good the scond half of the season.
    Our secondary showed they could play, pro bowl corner (if resigned), a promising young DLineman who should have been a pro bowler. A very good young slot receiver, solid TE, and potential at QB. A case could be made for the Titans to be promising with a proper coaching crew.
    Redskins have RGIII who I don't think was 100%, I think he'll have a good year next year. Viks have Peterson, nuff said.
    Bucs and Browns, meh they're ok.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think the best job would be with the Bucs. The talent that team has is unreal - on both sides of the ball. They could easily be a top 5 defense next year with the right coaching staff... and with Doug Martin and Mike Williams back, that offense can be good. I haven't seen much from Glennon, but he was about a million times better than I would have expected. I don't think he's the answer, but he'll be a fine backup. I never would have guessed a guy who sucked balls against UT a year ago could have any type of success in the NFL.

The Lions would be the next best job. It's really a shame they couldn't keep that offense going the second half of the season. They had the right idea signing Reggie Bush, and it worked well for the most part. Get more weapons in the receiving game than just Megatron though.

1. Bucs
    2. Lions
    3. Titans
    4. Texans
    5. Vikings
    6. Redskins
    7. Browns

The Browns could be a good job, but apparently you only get one year to do something up there. They might be the new Raiders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar