How would you use Vince?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Vince will take over for Hentrich. Think about about it. On any given snap he could punt, pass, or run.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

One play we haven't seen much of since his rookie year is the zone read play. I'd like to see that return.
    I'd also like to see some play action right, bootleg left, hitting the TE or WR on a run/pass option.
    VY needs to get back to playing VY ball. Not Manning ball. And ignore Old Hodge Podge on ESPN.
    Man, I hate Merril Hodge, he's worse than Madden, IMO.
    But Hodge does have some style

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If anything, 4-5 wides in the shotgun and let the play develop with no intention of throwing the ball and then just run while all the DBs have their back to him. That is after all, what got him to the NFL.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hodge is huge fan of this Titans team, this is his type of team. He just hates seeing smashmouth Defense and a dominant running game get tortured by a QB not ready to manage games.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

lets put him on the old trade block

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Most defenses would hope that he uses the pass option

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He has to run more. VY running more than makes up foir his weaknesses as a passer. When a defense has to spy him, it opens up plays and will help our crappy WRs get open (they need all the help they can get). I really want him to start, but he has to be in the mentality to run. As someone else said, he has to play VY ball and not Manning ball. Would we send CJ up the middle 25 times a game? Would we send LenDale to the outside on every play? Would we use bootlegs with KFC? Of course not. We have to tailor the gameplan to his strengths. Not force the round peg into the square hole.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Defenses always spy him. He constantly sees either spies or zones. You would think that that predictability would result in him overcoming it, but it hasn't. VY needs to commit to being a better qb. When he is clearly better than any other qb on our roster, then he can take over. Until then, we need to stop putting him on the field. One game this year, Collins will struggle, VY will be healthy and we'll stick him in at the end of a game and we'll come out on top. I think that is a fine role for him. Sitting on the bench should do him some good.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He should be on the bench while he gets healthy, meatally and physically. He also should not be in the game until he can execute the offense, (he might be here already, too small a sample size).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar