How would you use Vince?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That'd make another top round RB! Were awesome.:cool:

2. The Playmaker

I'd ease him back into the role. Give him a few possesions with the offense. Then add more and more each week.

3. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

no brainer he is gonna be a wide out, next year we draft qb or sign free agent qb.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There are no points in the game for which he becomes a useful sub in my opinion. Collins is a sufficient goal line qb. And if you sub Vince in goaline, the defense immediately will be thinking qb draw, which takes away the one thing vince would be put in for. So I do not see a reason to slip him into the game at any point, or work him in, and I think your doing the team a disservice if you do. Vince's ability to run is wiped out as sub, because it is predictable at that point. His scrambling needs to be unpredictable to be successful. He's a great sub if Collins get injured, but not as a sporadic replacement for a series or two. Just my two cents. I believe that for rb too. I see few advantages to subbing in Lendale for CJ. It lends the team to predicability.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Few QBs survive the entire season. I would not be surprised to see Collins get dinged up in one of the next three games and the Titans have to put Young back in if he's healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

You know i dont really understand all the VY hate, on all message boards.....its like everyone forgets he is only in his 3rd year. Who knows, maybe starting him his rookie year wasnt a good idea?

Im sick of people saying oh well he is not Cutler, does everyone forget Cutler has Marshall who has been able to throw to since pretty much being drafted? Im not saying VY doesnt have alot to learn, and certainly can use this time on the bench right now, to settle down and really learn this offense.

I mean come on, would you have rather drafted Lienart, who hasnt been able to succeed with BOTH Fitz and Bolden?

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Thinking about this, I wonder if a two-QB system could work.

Part of Vince's success in his rookie year was certainly because teams hadn't had a chance to gameplan for him. He was slowly introduced to the playbook and had a limited number of passing plays/routes. Once teams had enough film to take those plays away he struggled a lot.

If teams have to prepare for Kerry Collins, and then have Vince come in for a series or two and roll him out a lot and have him throw on the run would make us a much tougher match-up.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Top 10 Uses For Vince Young

Top 10 Uses For Vince Young

10. Door stop.

9. Jar Opener

8. Get items off high shelves for Grandma

7. It's time to aerate and fertilize

6. Coat rack

5. Pony rides for neighborhood kids

4. Hold lantern and pose in jockey suit on front stoop

3. Keep up with Kerry Collin's clip board

2. Preside over shirtless frat boy convention

1. Shrimp Boat Captain

9. The Playmaker

#1 was funny. That was it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar