How you became...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sir_Titan, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

in 1999/2000ish I was in the 5th grade and started getting into football playin Madden at a friends house and Eddie George was on the cover, and I liked playing as McNair & George so I just became a fan

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I became a fan of the Titans long before they became the Titans. During the late '70's, when they were the Houston Oilers.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

...Super Bowl XXXIV

That was in 1999, so it made me 8 years old. I was a band-wagon fan and would just like whoever was good at the time. My family is all spread out I favorite teams, my mom is a diehard 'Skins fan (born and raised in DC), my dad is a Packers fan, and my brother a Chargers.. so I never knew who to like. I remember watching that Super Bowl at my friends house and his entire family were Rams fans. So instantly I became a rebel and rooted for the Titans. The Titans lost that game, however I started rooting for the Titans next year. My family and I moved to a new home that same year and I got to chose what I wanted my room to be, I chose the Titans. So right now I have McNair and Derrick Mason painted on my wall and titans stuff everywhere. Ever since that Super Bowl i've been a dedicated Titans fan.. even through the great '04/'05 seasons.

4. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Was a HUGE Warren Moon fan...an everything sort of fell into place after that. Then Steve McNair came on board and I fell in love with him..so I just stuck with them and being that they were always the underdog just made me love them more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm a life-long Lions fan. They were the only NFL team I had seen live until the Titans came.

My family had PSLs and season tickets, so it didnt take long for the Titans to become my favorite due to how much more convenient of a team they were seeing as I only went to MI every blue moon.

Now I'm more of a Titans fan than Lions fan. Still a Lions fan though. One of the last 20 remaining. lol

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have understood and loved football since I was 4 years old. Growing up deep in the heart of Texas er'body and they mama love the Dallas Cowboys and it was blasphemous to talk bad about the Cowboys much less root against them.

I have always been a free spirit and have gone against what people told me I should be and do so I identified with the Oilers as the red-headed stepchild of Texas pro football. Warren Moon was my hero and Cris Dishman was my favorite CB. Haywood Jeffires and Ernest Givins were my favorite WRs.

Then a couple of guys came along that would later become my all-time favorite football players ever. A kid out of Alcorn State with a rocket arm and a stud All-American, Heisman Trophy Winning RB out of Ohio State. Both of these guys won me over with their heart and love for the game because it was very clear that they love the game like I do.

Seeing Steve and Eddie get so close and coming up short was tough. There have been plenty of disappointing times over the years but I can still NEVER give up on this team. Even though I get p!ss3d with Coach Fisher for all his boneheaded WTF moments, I love the guy and only get so mad because I love this team and want what we all want and that's to win.

I love reading everyone else's bond with the team and when they became fans. Feels good to talk Titans football with Titans fans.

7. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Started watching football at age 5 and was a Raiders fan for most of my life...hate to say it but I didn't really like the Oilers...moved to TN back when half the people here didn't realize there was anything other than college football...I attended the first game the Oilers played in Nashville at Vandy...and I was hooked...this "traveling team" had heart...Steve and Eddie sealed the deal for me...and when the name "Tennessee Titans" came to be, I hung up the black and silver forever. As much as I loved the Raiders, I couldn't be a two-team woman!

8. goldmember

goldmember Starter

I started out a Miami Dolphins fan as a child around 1971. I watched most of their games until the late 80's.I then lost interest and didn't watch any pro football for years. Then out of the blue I was in my favorite watering hole in Memphis,TN playing pool with my friends and the Super Bowl was on TV above our table. It was the Titans/Rams and I had already decided the Tennesse Oliers were a joke of some kind. Being a native of memphis at the time I knew they were just in Memphis because they had no better place to play and therefore I had no use for them,that and the "oilers" name killed it for me. Then I began watching the game and I was hooked! Being a Gainesville boy the Gators have always been my college team and The Freak was frickin unreal. Anyway I have been stuck with the Titans since that day and have been to games in Nashville and of course I have to go to Jax once a year to show my support.

9. titansgirl12

titansgirl12 Practice Squad

Not jumping off the bandwagon anytime soon....

I'd never cared for football and always preferred going to other sporting events (probably b/c the only football games I'd ever been to before were Vandy games). So, when one of my friends in grad school begged me to go to a Titan's game with her, I wasn't that enthused but thought I would humor her. However, this was no ordinary game--it was the MUSIC CITY MIRACLE!!!!! I have NEVER experienced such an exciting/electrifying moment in my life! After that game, she and I took a road trip to Indy the next week to watch the Titans trample the Colts. We then stood in the very cold weather at Adelphia to welcome the team back from killing the Jags and about froze ourselves to death. Then, I had my heart torn out when we came up short in the Super Bowl (I still have trouble watching the highlights from that game).

Anyway, I then moved up to the North East where I had to go to sports bars to watch the Titans--and they were usually on the worst tv in the joint. While up there, I had the distinct privilege of going to a couple of our games vs the Ravens (and being shoved and having beer bottles thrown at me--hmmm...maybe it was the wig and face paint! :)). I even made it to a game against the Eagles and got to see us beat them badly and see the Eagles fans cheer when McNabb got hurt (classy!). Even though I met my husband up there, I was able to turn him into a Titans fan and he cheers with me now (he even has his own "Hall" jersey since he was in the military also)!

Well, now I'm back home in Nashville and am loving the fact that I'm able to go to all the home games and able to watch the away games on local tv. I love being able to listen to local talk radio and hear about the Titans. Thus, I love this team and will continue to support them as long as I'm able.

DUN...DUN...DUNNNA...DUN...GO TITANS GO!!!!

--Oh yeah, it doesn't hurt that we have great colors and logos---which makes our gear look really cool! ;)

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

People in Buffalo smell like dog $***.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar