How you became...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sir_Titan, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanslapifneed

titanslapifneed Practice Squad

I grew up in northern Michigan so was a lions fan as soon as i could talk. Started playing football when i was 6. To say my family was hard core was putting it very lightly ( they were brutal ). When I was 17 in 1990 was invited to Ball State U for a football camp. This is where i met and was instructed by Blaine Bishop. He was the hardest working football player I had ever met. I was there for 3 weeks and to say he made an impression on me is putting it lightly. The next year I received a scholarship to GVSU, but followed Blaine all the way to the Oilers. After college I moved to Hendersonville TN. in 1995. Was still then and am still today a lions fan, but when the Oilers moved to TN i found myself engulfed with them. In 1998 i had 2 teams i loved but the titans/Oilers were pulling away. Now 12 years and 15 + broken remotes later (Ive been told i get to angry during games by my wife) I can truly say i bleed Titan blue thru and thru. Still enjoy the Lions game on turkey day but if they are playing the Titans %^*% em lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Sassy4Titans

Sassy4Titans Camp Fodder

Y'all are really great -- amazing to realize the things that shape our lives . . .

3. kstone

kstone Starter

I became a Titans fan back in the old Houston Oilers days. I was like six or seven and the local NBC showed a Oiler game. I live in NC so most weeks they used to show a lot of games from the AFC East or West. But one week they showed an Oiler game and when I saw Warren Moon and the way the offense played I got hooked and have been a die hard fan every since!!!!!!

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was 8 years old when the team moved to Nashville and played in Vanderbilt Stadium for the '98 season.

My dad got us season tickets and wanted to start getting me into football. I got interested immediately, but it took me a few years to fully understand the game and the magnitude of some of the games we played in. We've had season tickets ever since... and we'll always have them.

I really started to become a hardcore Titans fan around the 2001 or 2002 seasons... and started to pay attention to the NFL as a whole in 2005. I just studied it more... was good with picking up stats, records, etc.

I wish I had more memory of the games from 98-2001, including the Super Bowl which I attended. I can barely remember anything from the big game. I'd give anything to go now because I'd never forget it. I wouldn't be able to talk until a week after the game.

Now I consider myself about as hardcore/dedicated as they come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar