Hunter graces SI.com

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Hunter is one of Burke's 'Rookies to Watch.' A nice short read from SI's Audibles page. Should re-excite you just a little bit since he's somewhat in the dog house after missing OTAs.

I'm telling you guys, Britt and Hunter on the outside and Wright in the slot could be a most devastating group moving forward. Its nothing new, but I just can't wait to see how that develops over the years...

Link: http://nfl.si.com/2013/06/18/rookies-to-watch-justin-hunter/?sct=uk_t11_a2

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If he can stop being a wimp then maybe this could happen

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I'm really not worried about him sitting out at this point. We've seen with Britt how having a nagging hamstring injury can effect a player, so sitting him at this point isn't a big deal to me. I would much rather have him for TC than OTAs or minicamp.

Now if TC comes around and he is still sitting out practices, then I will start to worry a little.

But honestly, he probably isn't going to come in and make an immediate impact anyway. I wouldn't expect much from him until about midway through the season anyway. He's a rookie, and we have some quality WRs with a lot of experience ahead of him right now, so it might take a while for him to break into the lineup ... I would think by the end of this year, and definitely next year he will start making an impact though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Dude is going to miss all of OTAs and go into camp cold (and behind 3 WRs who will be way ahead of him). He's not a rookie to watch. It will be a big surprise if he does anything at all this year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

There is no question that getting some playing time in and practice will benefit Hunter now and later;however, I am not ready to throw in the towel and pass judgement on the kid quite yet until we see him on the field....THEN we will have a better basis to judge him on. Either way, he could end up being a stud and has good quality around him, which will also help him in the long run. What do you guys think?

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What I've seen from him is that he can't get ON the field. So I think it is perfectly reasonable to extrapolate that he won't have much impact, especially when coupled with his injury history in college. He may be appear a quality character guy, but this injury stuff is giving me the impression he is a shell-shocked wimp.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Justin Hunter has a high ceiling, so if he can get going sooner rather than later he has a fighting chance to be the best rookie WR in the league.

I really like hearing Shawn Jefferson call Hunter out, it means Jefferson sees the potential. When coaches stop ridding you, thats the time to be worried as a player, so clearly Hunter has top talent, otherwise our WR's coach Shawn Jefferson doesn't say anything to the media.

Chris Burke is onto somthing, cause Hunter does have No.1 ability (if he can ever find the practice field.)

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've got No. 1 ability also. Hunter and I have done the same so far in the NFL.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey me too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar