Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Hunter graces SI.com

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jun 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,823
    It'll take some time though for coaches to let Hunter play over Nate.

Rookie WR's who've missed practices dont all of a sudden get to start.
    RollTide high fives this.
  2. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $7,989
    OTAs=/= Training Camp

When CMM releases the players from the last one it should give you an idea of how crucial they are. Also, it's not like Hunter is just sitting at home like Wright last year.

Watching from the sideline is a small step down from running around without pads out there on the field IMO as far as progressing as a player goes.

The only thing he is missing out on is showing the coaches what he can do.
  3. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,392
    I like the optimism, but I'll be quite surprised if Hunter starts over Washington at any point in 2013, barring injury.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,252
    I'm gonna be surprised if he graces the field this season.
  4. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,823
    He's got a waaay higher ceiling than Washington, so it could happen, but I dont expect it to til much later say mid-season.
  5. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,000
    Good players find a way to find the field regardless of how old they are. The days of grooming people and letting them sit to learn is over with!
  6. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,823
    Its not over, but it has been sped up some in recent years
  7. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,420
    I love how people act like Nate doesn't exist or is just some scrub.

Much rather have Washington on the field over Hunter. If he ends up playing better than Nate, wonderful. But no way in hell the dude is a better option than Nate as it stands right now.
    RollTide, nbtoppers2, Scarecrow and 3 others high five this.
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,436
    I'm a UT fan and sometimes they let Hunter return punts. He's got great speed. Some had him timed in the high 4.3's when he was working out at the combine and for teams before the draft. So maybe that's a way to get the ball in his hands if the other 3 start ahead of him.
  9. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,313
    The only thing that would keep Hunter off the field this season is injury. They think a lot of him, and Ruston didn't make that move on draft day to have Justin Hunter debut in 2014.

Now, having said that, I don't expect him to be the #2 reciever come week 1, he has missed valuable practices and I don't know that he can get up to speed by the end of training camp. But, assuming he is healthy, it won't take long for him to see significant playing time. Dowell had/has a plan for him in his offense.