Hunter graces SI.com

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It'll take some time though for coaches to let Hunter play over Nate.

Rookie WR's who've missed practices dont all of a sudden get to start.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

OTAs=/= Training Camp

When CMM releases the players from the last one it should give you an idea of how crucial they are. Also, it's not like Hunter is just sitting at home like Wright last year.

Watching from the sideline is a small step down from running around without pads out there on the field IMO as far as progressing as a player goes.

The only thing he is missing out on is showing the coaches what he can do.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I like the optimism, but I'll be quite surprised if Hunter starts over Washington at any point in 2013, barring injury.

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I'm gonna be surprised if he graces the field this season.

5. JCBRAVE

He's got a waaay higher ceiling than Washington, so it could happen, but I dont expect it to til much later say mid-season.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Good players find a way to find the field regardless of how old they are. The days of grooming people and letting them sit to learn is over with!

7. JCBRAVE

Its not over, but it has been sped up some in recent years

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I love how people act like Nate doesn't exist or is just some scrub.

Much rather have Washington on the field over Hunter. If he ends up playing better than Nate, wonderful. But no way in hell the dude is a better option than Nate as it stands right now.

• High Five High Five x 6
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm a UT fan and sometimes they let Hunter return punts. He's got great speed. Some had him timed in the high 4.3's when he was working out at the combine and for teams before the draft. So maybe that's a way to get the ball in his hands if the other 3 start ahead of him.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

The only thing that would keep Hunter off the field this season is injury. They think a lot of him, and Ruston didn't make that move on draft day to have Justin Hunter debut in 2014.

Now, having said that, I don't expect him to be the #2 reciever come week 1, he has missed valuable practices and I don't know that he can get up to speed by the end of training camp. But, assuming he is healthy, it won't take long for him to see significant playing time. Dowell had/has a plan for him in his offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar