Hunter graces SI.com

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea Nate has been our best WR for the past 4 years or so and I good one the last two. Nate is the number one guys, stop living off 4 good Britt games and understand if anyone is getting moved over its Britt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

If Kenny Britt is healthy, he isn't going anywhere. He has otherworldly talent, and I know it's a stretch to assume he will be healthy, but if he is over the injuries he is by far the most talented player on this team. And I know we've only seen that in a very limited number of games, but we've seen it nonetheless.

Britt (circa healthy 2011 Britt) isn't getting moved over for anyone but Calvin Johnson.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

No he hasn't. And considering he was there, how would he be behind on anything?

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Not according to Shawn Jefferson. For a rookie, you think missing a month's worth of practice in which installation is taking place, is not missing anything? Watching from the sideline can only do so much, especially for a rookie. The coaches are going to have to be completely confident in his ability to run everything correctly before they even think about putting him out on the field.

How would he not be behind when it comes to going out there and running his routes, getting a feel for the NFL game, this offense, Jake Locker, etc.? I don't know how long it will take him to get up to speed, but don't tell me he presently isn't behind on anything, because he is.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Let JH put on pads and go against elite CB's and then we can make a better assessment of his performance.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

As a rookie Hunter is probably only going to learn the X WR spot. The other guys (Wright, Britt and Washington) will know 2 or 3. So Hunter will get some playing time but as a rookie and basically only playing one spot so I doubt he gets more reps than Wright or Washignton this year. Britt had 42 catches his rookie season but Britt had far less talent on the team at the time. So if Hunter can even sniff 42 catches for 700 yards like Britt had his rookie season I'd be very surprised.

It will be interesting how this pans out in the pre-season (assuming Hunter is actually ready to participate). We have to assume they want to try and get Hunter and Britt on the field some together. But there has to be a certain level of confidence in Hunter making the right reads and running good routes. Now if they were to trade Washington I do think that opens the door for Hunter to get significantly more playing time but I think he likely chance to be a regular starter won't come until next season.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

I did it just now, complete your end.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd never leave you hangin brotato chip

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Or they just rotate.

1-4, I dont care, as long as they make the plays when they are on the field. Whoever is most productive, sees the field most.

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I don't understand the hate. He missed a couple practices so that means he's gunna bust. I'm really looking forward to see him play. I think he can be a true #1. Maybe a B version of AJ Green which is still pretty darn good. I'm excited for this kid. I fully expect him to unseat Washington. If Washington is our most consistent receiver that means we have problems. He should not be the guy on any team. Very solid player, but should never be one of your playmakers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar