I am a little confused.........ESPN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I am confused about the Titans situation regarding our salary cap situation. ESPN reported earlier that the Titans are 18.7m over the cap heading into the 06 NFL Draft. How is that possible or what is the actual situation here before last season we cut the entire team (talent of any note) and virtually have no one in place except via the draft as usual. How are we still 18.7m over the cap is that soley on dead money from other contracts of players no long on the team. Now I understand after blowing up the team last year that does not completely clear the titans of their salary cap mis-handlings and what not but I thought I had read that our good buddy Floyd said we would be in the neighborhood of 10mil under the cap this year what is exactly the deal here in Tennessee. Some clairfication would be nice about by beloved Tn Titans.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

I had the same question because that really doesn't sound right. ESPN I think are wrong on this one.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dead money from the mason, rolle, carter, shulters, holcombe and nedney. they were all cut after june 1st, which allowed us to split their cap hits over two years.

4. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Schulters was the only one released after June 1. His 2.4M proration carries over to 2006. The others were all released in February 2005 to get under the March 1 cap deadline.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

really? damn, there goes my chance at sounding smart.

:wall:

6. Not sure what math ESPN is using. If they are assuming McNair's $50M bonus then we'd have been about $14M-$15M over the cap before cutting Hoppy based on the numbers I'm working from. But it's not that far off and it's possibly an issue of bonuses that aren't getting paid anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar