I am disappointed with the OL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HoustonTitan, Oct 1, 2013.

1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

See normally I'd agree with you but the fact that Chis Spencer hasn't even been mentioned either makes me think this twice. It's almost like they've hitched their wagon to Turner for some unknown reason. Let's say they feel Scwenke isn't ready, is Spencer also not ready? Only thing I can come up with is that they don't feel Turner is doing as badly as we think. If that's the case they are wrong, this man is horrible.
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

It's a "gel" thing.

Munchak did the same thing with Amano while Velasco was behind him.

Clearly- everyone knew Amano had no place on the field - even the Titans (seeing they cut him) - yet they "kept things the same" thinking it'd get better.

So they're scared they'll disrupt the gelling of the OL if they insert another rookie.

Might as well do it now rather than continue the next 12 games getting beaten.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Exactly. I want Chance to gel with Schwenke not that scrub Turner. Chance and Brian will be playing side by side for years, let them fight through the growing pains now that the line is struggling anyways. We definitely won't wanna do it if the line starts playing well.
  4. HoustonTitan

HoustonTitan Special Teams Standout

In agreement with benching turner...

Maybe they are waiting for the bye so they can have 2 weeks for brian to prepare for the game...

I'd imagine they'd want him to start well so he doesn't lose confidence
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Thats the time to make the switch to Schweke, not right now.
  6. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

Levitre-Schwenke-Warmack is going to be our interior for the next 4-5 years at least...why delay the process?
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff Member

If you think CJ doesn't get much room now, just imagine what it would be like with two rookies in the middle against the Texans, Jets and Steelers. The Chiefs, Seahawks and Niners are all top 10 defenses as well. The defenses get easier after the bye.

I suspect we'll see the switch after the bye if Turner continues to struggle.
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Fixed that for you Jeff
  9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Touche' and like DW said before our coaching stuck with Armano for way too long. Maybe its harder to view as a coach than a fan, but I don't really see enough evidence of that.
  10. smili

smili Starter

It could've been due to the $26million 5yr deal they signed Amano to:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4922396