I am disappointed with the OL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HoustonTitan, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Good post. Personally I've seen Levitre make some damn good run blocks this year, he's really stood out to me in that area. I've said it all along Warmack will be nothing more than an average player. The guy has already reached his ceiling, too bad we didn't trade down and draft a guy with an enormous ceiling like... Kyle Long.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I knew we'd regret releasing Velasco.

3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Warmack will be fine - he hasn't exactly had an "easy" game yet. He's gone up against some TOUGH dline's.

Agree Turner is 100% the problem.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I knew that also, but I believe it was due to his $2.?? mil salary he was due. We didn't want to pay that and Munch that Turner would be good enough. I also think we had planned for Schwenke to win the job, then he got hurt. IF Schwenke is healthy, he should be starting.. he literally can't do any worse than Turner has.

For me stats are one thing, but you also have to pass the eye ball test... does the player look good. Levitre & Warmack have made good blocks, but they've also made some real crappy ones also. If we invested $60+ mil AND the 10th overall pick in interior OL, we should be one of the best, instead we're the complete opposite.

I personally was on the Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, Kenny Vacarro, or Xavier Rhodes train... with Warmack being my #5 want. I like Warmack, but I just didn't see the appeal of taking a guard 10th overall. Just imagine our interior OL with Sheldon or Star paired up with Casey? Top notch in the league for years to come. That 11th ranked run defense would potentially be even better, which in result would make the entire defene even better. Then you have Larry Warford in Detroit, a 3rd round pick, dominating like everyone predicted. Sheldon/Star, Hunter, Warford as our first 3 picks and we'd be 10x better... but oh well, nothing we can do about it now!

Warmack will get better. Turner is awful, Warmack/Levitre have been forced to help that bum. Don't forget Warmack has faced Keisel/Pit, Watt/Hou, Luiget/SD, Wilkerson/NYJ... those are 4 stud DL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good posts.

I think we knew Warmack had a long way to go in his pass protection. I think it'll come. Levitre was said to be stronger in pass protection which is why it seems CJ is getting more carries to the right. Big Country has declined, IMO, but is still above average.

Turner is getting pushed around too much. Switching to Fitz will actually help him as he should get the ball out faster. I fear how he holds up the next three games against some beast defenses.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree about Roos and Turner but you are wrong about the others. Stewart is playing really well considering he's coming back from such a tough injury. Levitre looks nothing like what you'd expect from the top free agent OL, if anyone on the line is overrated it is him. Chance has actually played really well as a rookie, has a ways to go but that is expected.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He was bad too. Turner is better for us because he knows how to help Chance develop.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

You definitely have reason to be disappointed. Warmack is a rookie but I think because he's an OG we all kind of expected him to be great right away -- hasn't been the case. Turner has messed up quite a bit, maybe we should have kept Velasco instead. Stewart & Roos are still good but not the dominant OT's they once were. But Turner is the real problem.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I agree that turner has been a problem. We have played against and will play against the next 3 weeks really goo defensive lines. After SF I suspect we will see us dominate most of the d-lines left on the schedule. I am ready to see the rookie at center and Velasco sure has not fixed Pittsburgh problem nor was he ever really good here he was just better than amano.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You keep saying this but I don't buy it at all. By no means was he amazing while he was here but he played decent football and was actually rated as one of the better centers in the league. Since going to Pittsburgh, their O-line is playing better than they were (which admittedly isn't saying much because they were pitiful) and from what I read somewhere he's rated as the #16 center in the league thus far.

In what conceivable way is Turner, the worst rated center in the league better for us? We made a mistake releasing Fernando this season, him actually doing his job at C would help Chance develop much faster than Chance having to pick up guys that Turner keeps whiffing on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar