I am disappointed with the OL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HoustonTitan, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Turner has his share of downfalls but I promise you we lost nothing when we let Velasco loose. He's a timid football player that took years and years and some luck to crack a starting lineup.

If you want to believe that guy is better than Turner then alright, but he's not.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Agree to Disagree I guess.

3. smili

smili Starter

I've noticed Levitre pulling on several plays w/ nice blocks and wonder if he contributes favorably to the run-to-the-right stats?

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

this from the guy sayin mccourtys better than verner

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You have no legs to stand on

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol umm whos the number highest rated corner on our team...and if Im not mistaken the league...if not anymore hes gotta be top 5.

yea that's right
    theres like 50 legs right there

7. Darryl_Licht

Darryl_Licht Special Teams Standout

I see it slightly differently; if you look at the stats we are getting over 300 yds. per game and sitting at 15th in average yards per game, and we're getting better each game. BTW we are #7 in total scrimmage plays overall, so were getting 1st downs and moving the ball more than the last few years. Still we just need to get more of those crucial 3rd downs to keep drives alive once we get into the opponents territory. We have had to many penalties on both sides of the ball, and some big missed catch opportunities in our first 3 games. Our O line is opening some holes, but our backs are not taking advantage. CJ started opening up in game 3, but didn't do squat last week against the Jets.

The season is young, we've been improving each game. As I have said on other threads: this injury to Jake will test our mettle... how our team deals with this adversity is what can make us champions!

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We rank 26th running the ball with only the Bills having had more run attempts than we have.
    Even worse we rank 28th in run blocking. We're running up the middle 58% of the time.
    With numbers like that I find it hard to criticise Chris Johnson.

We have to figure out how to fix the running game if we want to get to the playoffs and do more than just show up. Centre is still an issue and maybe Bruce Matthews is part of the problem.

9. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Turner should be replaced by Schwenke as soon as possible. Should have kept Velasco really. If you saw the London game Velasco looked like a pro-bowler but then trash cans could block more than the other guys on their line at the moment. The only other guy who had a clue was DeCastro but that was only when he was pulling in run block schemes ; his pass blocking stank.
    Having said that I am just thankful these days that I don't have to see Amano's ass in the backfield every play.
    Talking of ass - Matthews - get his out of town. Being Munch's pin-up boy don't make you an all-pro coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar