I am Legend - The original ending!! (watch it if you haven't seen it)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Most definitely. Being the reason they use it now rather than corn syrup.
    Gotta upgrade. Color TV is better than black and white too.

2. Deuce Wayne

word.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Alfred Hitchcock would probably have disagreed. He chose to film Psycho in black and white because he liked the way you could use shadows and light in B&W vs color. Also, everyone knows that the black and white Andy Griffith show were some of the best TV ever, but it sucked when they went to color. Of course Don Knotts not being on the show then didn't help.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]
    That is not the reason they use CGI blood vs prop blood..
    It's far cheaper for big studios to animate blood or animate creature FX etc. in post prod than actually making real prop action work on camera. Prop action takes more set prep time, actor's time and safety etc. and often needs to be re-shot if it doesn't go off as planned so its. It's widely acknowledged that CGI looks more fake and is quite a bit less effective than prop FX in these situations.
    CGI is a compromise based on $ plain and simple - same reason they GCI entire backdrops etc., it's far cheaper than shooting on location or huge sets.

So you actually think the zombie creatures in Legend are scarier than the ones in 28 Days Later?

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

My 2 cents on why modern horror is poor.

Studios aim at the young & go for the shock factor. What isn't seen & a chilling score create a scary mood that really make you jump.

They seem to have forgotten how to do that lately.What Lies Beneath with Harrison Ford & Michele Pfeiffer is the last spooky movie I can remember that gave me that crawling sensation on the back of my neck.

6. Deuce Wayne

Just as realistic looking. The design may have been better in 28 days, but they were no better looking. Then again, one was supposed to be the walking dead, and the others were supposed to be infected with something that made them something else.
    So much more is possible with CGI, than props. But you're in to those classic zombie and gore flicks that come off as extremely cheesey to me anyway though. So it's all preference.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I don't like this 'original' ending at all. One of the reasons I liked this movie was because it didn't have the usual Hollywood ending where the good guy saves the day and everybody lives happily ever after.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So much more is possible per dollar with CGI, than props.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As bad as the theatrical ending was, this alternate ending makes Neville even less of a Legend. Matheson wrote Neville as a desperate God-villain amongst a world of post apocalyptic vampires. Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man both stick to the spirit of the book in that sense, but foe whatever reason when they finally use the name I Am Legend for the movie, they remove the Legend aspect completely. With the butterfly ending now they just want to rescue the girlfriend of main creature? Just makes the story that much smaller..

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Was Legend even meant to be scary? The "creatures" were fake looking. They were kind of cartoony. I like actors and make up compared with CGI nonsense. Most American "horror" films are not scary at all. The Japanese remakes they keep craping out are not scary either. The best horror movie I've seen this year is the Orphanage hands down. Spanish film produced by Guillermo Del Toro. It was a good story and was shocking enough. It did not result to gore or cheap scares to get you. After that I would say the Decent was pretty good. I'm afraid to watch the 28 days sequel. I loved the first one so much and I no it will just suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar