I am Legend - The original ending!! (watch it if you haven't seen it)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^I find some video games are scarier than movies these days.

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Amen. Play the Fatal Frame sequels. Bioshock had a couple moments. There is always system shock 2

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Silent Hill.

Who can ever forget the Dog through the window in Resident Evil 1?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Neville is the legend to the monsters, not humans. (with this ending)

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

As he was in the book, still left a lot of things undone in the film but this ending would have been better than the studio release.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah, there really wasn't anyone else around to be a legend to.

I couldn't agree more about the things left undone. They skipped or condensed the most dramatic elements of the story in the movie - the decline of the daughter, the decline and "resurrection" of the wife, Ben, who was cast to be played by Johnny Depp (he probably saw the script and bailed), and most importantly the introduction of the stray dog, which really drove home Neville's loneliness and despair..

7. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

Just got done watching the DVD with my dad and came on here because I knew there was a thread running about this ending.. and wow. Why did they not use this ending? It makes no sense at all. This was so much more powerful then the ending they chose... man. That sucks

8. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. I enjoyed the movie up until the last 10 minutes or so, and it seemed like the director just told will smith to improvise or something and come up with an ending on the spot while he headed out the door.
    But this ending actually would have closed the movie well. I wouldn't have regretted watching it if they chose this ending.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just read Rue Morgue Magazine's review of the movie and they nailed it right on the head.. The opening line "The last man on earth is a douche-bag" had me rolling on the floor. "The CGI creatures are so poorly animated that they look like something right out of a SciFi Channel TV Movie of the Week"
    Perfect!

10. Deuce Wayne

Sounds like more that decided to hate it before watching it. Just like you did CC. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar