I am not here to bury Schwartzie but to praise him...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Prior to this season I've not watched the D as closely as I do now & it has really made me want to see Schwartz thrown to the wolves.

I'm not too stubborn to change my opinion though & I have to admit that the last two games he has really stepped it up with some clever stuff.

The Manning scheme where nobody moved prior to the snap was genius. I don't know if Schwartz was the 1st to use the idea but he wont be the last. He reverted to type in the last qtr & became predictable but at the goal line but overall he had a good scheme.

The way he made Brunell play to his weak side was simple but effective. Again I can see other teams picking up on it & playing him the same way. I also liked how he didn't hit the panic button when the Skins came out with all the trick play's but kept to his gameplan when it looked like it could get ugly.

I still feel that his biggest weakness is reacting to the 2nd half adjustments that offences make against his schemes but he's shown improvement there too.

The Eagles & Giants will be real tests for him & I'm still concerned that he will ultimately cost Fisher his job but for now I'm no longer calling for his head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar