I can fix our return game...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carolina, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Maybe depending on field position.

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

let KB return punts, who gives a sh** if he gets hurt returning a punt although I am sure he will fumble the ball so then again this would be a risky play.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

His decision making on KOR is infuriating as well. There is no reason to bring the ball out of the endzone when you are more than 5yds deep. The risk just isn't worth it. Just take the ball at the 20 and be happy. So in today's NFL the KOR is pretty much obsolete.

I would put Damian Williams back on punt returns and save the roster spot for Battle when Greene comes back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I choose Williams too out of the likely suspects. I never thought we would get back to the kind of ST nadir that we had with Eddie Berlin returning but we are slowly getting there so kudos to all involved.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

That was not reynauds fault. Williams should have been paying attention.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Williams is looking at who to block. He's not looking at the ball. Reynaud needs to run up on a short punt and catch the thing (as he did the next one) or make sure everyone knows it's short.

It might still happen anyway but I put a lot more of this on Reynaud than I do DWill.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

D will was the only one who didnt move out of the way. Everyone else heard or saw reynaud saying get away

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I disagree, you need to look for the ball and be aware of where you are in regard to where the football will come down. This ball is so oddly shaped it could bounce right back at you if it is not caught so you have to be aware of where it is.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

No. Go back and look at the play. No-one was running away from the ball. Everyone was focused on their potential blocks, following the Chiefs players on their way to the ball. No-one was paying attention to Reynaud. D-Will was blocked into the ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Watch the replay. Reynaud was on his 12 and ran up to the 17, stopped, and stepped back a yard in anticipation of getting the ball on the hop. The punt hit the 24. Reynaud has to get up there and fair catch that punt.

Williams is coming from the right from where he is blocking the gunner to block three Chiefs who are running free. The other Titans didn't pull off due to anything Reynaud said. They were beat on their blocks and we facing Reynaud so saw the ball hit.

Reynaud has to do his job.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar