I credit our early success to MR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan769, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I could of sworn Henry was Fisher's guy, and at the time it sort of made sense, maybe not 2nd Rd pick sense.....come to this draft im sure 90% of this board was saying what the **** with the CJ pick instead of a WR 1st......well I'll admit I was wrong on that one completely.......now I have said before, if Sweed didnt go to the Steelers the pick before us, then the Titans would have taken him, but as for now doesnt look like any of these WR's from the draft are panning out to well, aside from Jackson, and Royal....

For now I applaud MR with the CJ pick, and not throwing out huge money to Wr's that havent produced yet.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Among others (and WHEN we took them) IMO. But I'll exit as this is a congratulatory thread for MR.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I was happy we went with an RB in the first.

I'm one of the 10% who will continue to believe and argue that we don't need a top 5 WR. Well not in Vince Young's offense anyway.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=384274&postcount=1

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=266636&postcount=22

If we would have went with any other QB we wouldn't be having this discussion since 'm certain we would have a couple of big name wide outs on our roster. Management was clear from the start that they wanted to build an offense around Vince..

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wanted Deshaun more than anything. He's killing it in Philly. I'm no GM, but I called that one. We should have sprung for him and traded up to get Chris Johnson, he still would have been on the board, IMO.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i credit floyd reese. look at the guys we have on defense.

courtland finnegan, chris hope, david thornton, albert haynesworth, keith bulluck, kyle vanden bosch, stephen tulloch and vince fuller were all brought in by reese.

on offense we've got michael roos, eugene amano, kevin mawae, dave stewart, daniel loper, bo scaife, lendale white, and amarhd hall.

i think reinfeldt has done a good job of finding some depth, but reese's fingerprints are all over this team.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

even if you could...after that, Paul Williams, Chris Davis, etc. horrid draft last year.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Respect.

And you make a good point.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What exactly has MR done for the Titans? Most of the players on the team came from Reese.

9. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

IMO Fish is running the show, MR is just his puppet.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Besides running our organization into cap hell, he was a great GM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar