I cried during Interstellar.

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I recently lost a close one so that scene when Cooper saw the videos of his kids grown up, I won't lie, I lost it. Aside from that, great movie though, and one of the best movie scores ever composed. See, this is a movie everyone should be talking about, not Guardians of the Galaxy.

I do have one major complaint though, was it just my theater or was it hard to hear during some of the scenes?! As in there were numerous times when the music and sound effects overpowered the dialogue!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Was it the ticket and popcorn cost?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Big TT be all.

Fyck reading

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

For reasons I don't understand, Nolan deliberately made those scenes have the dialog get drowned out by the music. This is going to be his albatross in the same way as JJ Abrams' lens flare.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The music was grandiose and glorious. The way Matt talks a lot of times is hard to hear and understand too, almost like talking under his breath.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think there's a lot of variation in how a movie can sound in different settings. Some theaters go apish*t with crazy sub bass dynamics and certain movies' dialog suffers for it. It can be indscernable. For the most part the public doesn't care because they are talking at the screen, texting or making cell calls waiting for the next explosion.
    Home theater can be similar. People apparently thing sub/satellite sound systems sound better even for music than traditional three way stereo speakers.
    Of course about 40% of the frequencies are missing in sub/sat setups usually.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Nolan is known for horrible dialogue mixes against the scores.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Really? One of the things that left me clod about the movie was that I didn't feel invested in the characters. I didn't care what happened to any of them. Too many things bugged me about the movie.

Man's worst enemy is Mann? Epic cliche.
    Romilly - hey dumbass get back in the sleep pod.
    5th dimension guitar strings to the back of the book case?

I didn't enjoy the Dark Night Rises or Interstellar.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yep

“Have you finally learned to do what is necessary?”
    “I won’t kill you. But I don’t have to save you.” -
    Batman Begins

Yea....Bruce that's pretty much killing him...

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

1. Meh, some epic cliches can work, and at the end of the day, he was just some pawn trying to carry out plan b.

2. They were supposed to be back in only a "few years" and he wanted to continue his research. Eventually he lost hope that they were ever going to return and accepted he was going to die there and didn't want to just "sleep" his life away.

3. The 5th dimension could have been better presented especially after the rest of space in the movie was so gorgeous to look at. Obnoxious teens in my theater wouldn't shut up during that scene. There was one dude that yelled "WHAT THE F**K?" followed by "IS HE DEAD?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar