I don't get the VY isn't physically tough mentality

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Rusty definitely did not lose the game for this team. The defensive ineptitude contributed significantly to the loss of the game for this team in my opinion. Once again made a team that was for crap in 3rd down efficiency look like a machine...made another mediocre tight end look like Gates and failed to get any pressure on McNabb. Linebackers cannot cover worth a crap and the D continued to lose receivers on plays, who ultimately wound up alone with the ball and no one within 10 yds.

Add to that a complete red zone failure by the Titans and you get the crap on the field Sunday.

If Fisher felt from advice from the training staff that VY may either not have the strength to grip the ball then he made the right choice. Unless you are in the group that believes Fisher just hates VY and will find any reason to get him out of the game.

Now we watch a Jags team that we spanked leading the division and watch another season washing down the drain...

2. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Vince is the starter over a rookie, and is well known for running make shift plays. Of course he wasnt confident, thats the whole point. If he thinks he can do it, he should be out there, he is the starter.

Brett Farve, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb......now less known players known for throwing some kind of tirade most of the time left undocumented: every qb driven to win, ever.

Now, you dont see other quarterbacks get the public dissapproval that vince gets, except maybe farve. We are all human here though, QBs should be held to the same standard.

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Not true

Find one post on here that someone threw heat at Vince for wanting to play after the thumb injury yesterday, I doubt that you'll find one.

It's all the baby boo hoo crap that Vince did that he's catching heat for

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

That's one side of the story.

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Vince should study how Donovan McNabb handled all of his adversity, sheesh, McNabb was boo'd by the fans when he was drafted! Vince needs to grow some thicker skin, because this mamby pampy stuff is worn out and may have cost him his role as the Titans franchise QB

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Obviously Vy is not tough enough because he gets hurt too often.

If he doesn't hurt his thumb he stays in the game, we win the game and now we are tied for the division lead. If VY doesn't get hurt to begin with there is no issue of going back in and there is no tantrum after.

As it is we are still only one game out yet everyone is acting like the season is over.

7. 24

24 Starter

Is this even a question? He gets emotional every time the fans boo. That's a true sign of someone not mentally tough, IMO.

8. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Can somebody answer this. If he has a torn tendon, why in the heck where trainers trying to pull it as if it were a dislocation?

I'm only an RN, but I don't see the logic in that one

9. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Well i wont argue that donoan has some really thick skin, though we all react to stress differently. But i will say that if vince was in mcnabbs shoes, someone would be dead by njow.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Some of you have unreal expectations for this defense every game. There not going to shut anyone out, can't expect that. I understand they didn't play amazing, but any time the defense holds a team to 16 points in regulation, we should expect the offense to do enough to win. VY was on the right track, until his fragile body failed us once again. Rusty looked like a scared high schooler out there. He has a rocket, but his accuracy is TERRIBLE.

He doesn't read the defense, that Nate Washington route was not there whatseover, he forced it into moss and several other receivers. He can't even throw a 10 yard out without sailing it out of bounds.

Rusty had several chances to win this game and he simply couldn't do it. He's not our QB of the future, hes a scrub. Sorry, but its the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar