I don't want to live on this planet anymore... Justin Bieber

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RTH, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I hate Metallica big time.

One of my best friends is a lifetime obsessed rush fan. it was a dream come true for him.

Their new music they played was pretty not good. But they still did their classics really well, and they do as good a job as any with their Audio-video presentation. They produced really cool movie-like stuff in between songs.

I knew all their huge megahits, but somehow "subdivisions" escaped me until that show. great song.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Suddenly I have two bands that are covering Rush material. One of them is just yanking off but the other is trying to do them real justice. The problem is that I can't pull the vocals into my range. Yet.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

"RUSH sounds like any specific band - or anyone sounds like them" outside of say Triumph is absurd. They are a mutating unique entity unless if you are solely talking about the first record, which was merely 70's blues rock with a lame singer..

Sabbath and Rush probably sound the same to my granny, but so would Van Halen, Queen and Steely Dan. She's disqualified from judging..

1st album Alex Lifeson played it much closer to original "play the traditional blues rock book" than Iommi, who to me was obsessed with overly repetitive minors early on.
    Tone-wise, Gibson w humbucker, plugged into overtly loud British stack. yeah similar - but similar with many, many bands...

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

and Rush/Metallica similarities? Really? Maybe if you've listened to nothing but The Biebs.. Otherwise NO

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't hear it either.. not with any era of Metallica.

Metallica was way more aggressive, less progressive. Singers are way different. lack of synths, metallica way faster. Seemed like Metallica was more "minor" sounding overall..

But I've not heard Rush's oldest stuff, though.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Metallica made it pretty clear who their influences were.. Misfits, Iron Maiden, Motorhead etc.
    I suspect stuff like early Suicidal Tendencies, Merciful Fate and whatever ___core music was coming out of SoCal, Norway and The UK just prior..

I'm not really a fan of theirs too much (though I think Kirk is one of the last great horror historians/collectors) I remember hearing the first Metallica record and thinking - jeezus nobody is gonna top this stuff as far as wild ass speed metal goes.. They changed dramatically by the second record and were no longer of interest to me.
    I then heard Reign in Blood - Slayer and to this date that has help greatest insane metal record in my book. Nobody is gonna top that shiz..

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BTW this thread upped in value 50fold the second we started talking about real ******* music instead on teen pop idiocy. I do not want to go to the mall.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar