i hate valentines day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it's a fake holiday created by corporate america designed to get a bunch of 3rd graders to buy a box of cards and a bunch of candy.

then on top of that, some poor guy is going to forget and get *****ed at by his wife/girlfriend/baby mama.

it's the same thing as halloween, just the other end of the spectrum. instead of ghosts and goblins it's hearts and puppy dogs.

dont fall for it. if everyone ignores it, it will go away.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

someone didn't get laid.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

while that may be true, i would feel the same way had i.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I sent a card to Vince Young.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I read Martha Stewart's Living before Valentines Day to get laid, and it worked, so don't even laugh. I turned twigs into flowers and crap like that. It became an annual thing for me. Pretty much gold. I did make the mistake of buying comfortable underware for the woman one year, just to see what would happen, and then I wasn't allowed to buy lingerie anymore, but she was comfortable and happy. she just wasn't in the mood.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

That may be true, but a genuine atmosphere is mos def created for a lot of people, me included. I don't mind treating my girl extra special, even if it isn't paticularly important to either of us. Negative attitudes tend to put people into a **** mood about everything though, holidays are no different.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I live with a married couple, and they DO NOT "celebrate" it for the same reasons that 53279 posted.

It is a stupid-**sed holiday created for economic gain. But here in America, ALL holidays are for economic gain. "Black Friday" is called that for a reason...it's the day the retailer's books get back in the black.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

As surprising as it may be, Valentine's Day was not the brainchild of American industry, rather it apparently has roots far back before the US even existed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They named a massacre after it for a reason.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar