i hate valentines day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

did your boyfriend forget to buy you a gift :grrhee:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Clyde Drexler was traded on Valentine's day, to the Houston Rockets. And my boyz won a championship that year. I love this day.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I know. Easter goes back to a time before stuffed bunny rabbits also.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I bought the Mrs a new belt & a bag.

The vacuum cleaner runs like new now.:))

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

What man can actually forget it's Valentine's Day? Hmph! With what I deal with, I better get my Valentine's Gift and it better be on time, big, pretty, and something that my friends will ohhhh and ahhhh over and be hatin' on me cause my guy is so sweet and wonderful and thoughtful. Otherwise, there's going to be a discrepency!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

True love doesn't require physical materials. ;)

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

St Valentine goes back to Roman time. I did not look at the link but Roman soldiers were not allowed to get married because the Caesar at the time felt troops would desert the army to be with there loved ones. Anyone who got married was put to death. St. Valentine married in secret soldiers who still defied the law. He was eventually accused of treason and put to death. There have even been thousand year old valentines (yes even before Hallmark) that have been discovered.

I like the holiday. It is a reason to have freaky kinky stuff happen under the smoke of a holiday. :)

EDIT: I was a little off on the card dating part but here is the link. Next time someone tells you that the holiday is made up BS and that a card company made it up you can sound like a nerd .... or cool in this case :geek:

http://grove.ufl.edu/~leo/val.html

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it seems to some it does :grrhee:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The TitanJeff bank account must be empty :ha:

10. And what was her response to that? :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar