I have a horrible feeling...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bayou Titan, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

this all ends like 2000. I guess it's just my NFL pessimism rearing it's head. I'm one of the Oiler fans that followed the Titans to Tennessee... I've seen so many terrible losses... (Elway coming back on them in Mile High, The Comeback, year later Joe Montana with the Chiefs, the 99 Super Bowl) but by far the worst loss for me as a fan was the 2000 Ravens... So much expectation... I mean the Super Bowl lose was bad but we were the underdogs... playing on house money after the Music City Miracle... Now, we have a team that I think is slightly better than the 2000 team... Well I think the 2000 team had slightly better defense but I really believe the offense is better now... I think the passing game is better now... I can't believe I'm saying that but Collins is a better passer than McNair was at that point in his career. We don't have the talent at reciever or tight end like we had then but I think the result is better now... maybe it's the ultra conservatism that Fisher played with back then... it was tighter than now.... I just have a bad gut feeling... I hope I'm wrong... someone please tell me I'm wrong... Tell me when the last number 1 seed won the Super Bowl...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's kind of natural to get nervous.

The longer we go without losing our expectations rise & we feel the pressure of each game.

There's 6 regular season games left & it's looking like 3 post season games to play & win before any glory.That's a lot of football & anything can happen.

Some will blast you for being pessimistic but I respect your honesty & appreciate you weren't just being negative for the sake of it.

It will be what it will be,no sense worrying over it. We're the best team in the AFC now but one hiccup in January & it could mean nothing.

We are however having a very special season at 10-0.My advice is to savor it now & enjoy wherever the ride takes us.31 teams fans get disapointed every year.Few have gone deep into November unbeaten.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'd be worried if the team was totally caught up in themselves, ala 2007 Patriots. But the team seems really humble about it all. They don't carry themselves as a squad that thinks they will win every game.

The Ravens loss in 2000 was different. That team had one of the best defenses of all time, and they dominated there way to a ring. There are no teams I see like that this year. In the AFC, the Jets are tough, Pitt could be tough, as is Baltimore. We've taken some of the best shots from some good NFC teams and walked away; the Giants are the obvious choice of "the team on the hill" for the team to beat, but it's not always obvious by the end.

But a Ravens in 2000 scenerio, where a team simply imposed their will on everyone on the 2nd half of the season. This squad is tough and resilient, it has great depth, and it's hungry. It's okay to be nervous, but as a fan, don't expect humiliation in the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2000 we also had the Superbowl the year before and probably had a bit of ****iness about returning after being annoited the best team in the NFL that year. This year the Giants are the 'best team' and as you said we are being humble about it.

With the Ravens schedule, I don't think we will be playing them again this year.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

A) We are the team that is dominating this year. We are the Ravens. We are the Rams. We are the Colts. You just don't see it. You're too close. But we are the team people are afraid to play. Now they talk about us every week. Now they pick us every week. It's blowing up. Tiki thinks we are going undefeated. People are starting to realize we are the team to beat. It's happening.

B) There should be no pressure. There hasn't been any yet. The Patriots made it easy on everyone. They blew it. They succumbed. So whatever we do, it will never be as bad as the Patriots. The pressure is non existent. And I don't think that is because we are calm and collected, but the because the Patriots already hit the lowest possible low.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we need to lose before the post season, it'll be good for our team to let them know they are not unbeatable and that they need to give it 110% each game. 2-3 Losses would be good for us going into the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar