I have TV!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:woohoo:

Brian was diggin through some junk and found his old EyeTV USB unit...no cable box needed.
    Picture is grainy, but I don't care.
    The only issue is that the channel listings are all entirely wrong.
    But now I can have TV on my puter screen while goofing off here and elsewhere...ESPN of course....

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

whats that..
    how does it work?

3. avvie

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

interesting..
    but i'm assuming you must have the cable service installed at your home for this to work. I initially thought it was a substitute for the service.

thanks for the link btw.

5. avvie

Well, yeah, there needs to be a live cable, and it's strongly suggested that you pay for the service, but it's basically the same thing that is already in TV sets, but converts it to a USB signal.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Hawaii is a little on the slow side. TV has been on the mainland since the 40's.

7. avvie

True. They had to wait for some cultural diversity to develope because neither "T" nor "V" is in the Hawaiian alphabet. We're still waiting for "R" to show up, but it may be several more years before customs will allow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar