I just beat some highly touted basketball prospect.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Fair enough but we bounced back to win the Rose Bowl.

With all due respect if it wasn't for all these games "coming up" I'm right, the SEC traditionally doesn't schedule tough out of conference games. Now maybe their changing that but there's a few examples here and there but overall, no they don't.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I have given you example after example of out of conference games for SEC teams in recent years, games that are coming up, I have compared those games to OSU and other teams, etc etc. You just choose to ignore anything that you dont want to hear. There is really no point in really having a discussion with someone so willfully ignorant of the subject.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That proves nothing. Big deal that Alabama and FLorida schedule a 1-AA team, they also have a legit non conference game on their schedule. What is really the difference in Florida playing Charleston Southern, and OSU playing Toledo? It's not like Toledo has any type of chance of beating OSU, just like Charleston Southern doesnt have a chance of beating Florida. I am taking that guys philosophy with a grain of salt, at best. Alabama, Florida, OSU, etc etc all had 3 cupcake games, and one legit out of conference game. Unless you are going to tell me that OSU was going to get beat by New Mexico state or Toledo, then I hardly see the point in calculating those types of games. I will give OSU some credit for Navy, but this idea that SEC teams play all cupcakes while other conferences have great out of conference games is simply absurd.

Not to mention, that wasnt even the debate. I certainly never said that playing 1-AA teams was a good thing, but that still doesnt take away from the fact that every SEC team but Ole Miss, played at least one OOC game against another BCS conference. And that is still no different than the majority of BCS conference teams.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Well if you're in a cupcake conference to begin with, of course you want to have a decent out of conference schedule to make up for it. And what's that..an SEC team at #2? I thought every SEC team scheduled weak OOC? :rolleyes:

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No. They were #1 based on them being a decent SEC team.

They proved that they weren't worth a top 20 ranking real fast, too.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

They lost 3 games, and 2 of those were to Alabama and Florida, and the other GT. They were most certainly a top 20 team. They finished 13th in one poll and 10th in one poll.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You are right. The numbers dont lie. 5 SEC teams are rated in the top 15 of most difficult out of conference schedules. 1 SEC team is rated ahead of Ohio State.

Only 2 Big 10 teams are rated in the top 15.

Clearly SEC teams play a harder out of conference schedule than pansy Big 10 teams. :ha:

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's funny that you think I care about the rest of the Big 10. Keep in mind the rest of the country doesn't live vicariously through other teams. I love seeing my conference rivals lose, you don't. There's the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar