I just beat some highly touted basketball prospect.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Not really trying to get into this argument one way or the other, since they tend to go no where, but for factual purposes, OSU is 0-4 against SEC teams since 2000.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

By the first 2 pages of responses, it couldn't have been done any better.

The point was made, and then people realized "oh crap. Now we're hypocrites. Pretend it didnt happen!".

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And SEC teams are like 0-5 vs Michigan for the last 10 years or so...while OSU owns Michigan. (including that darling Florida team with Tebow)

These things never work.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I was simply correcting Eddie who seemed to think OSU was only 0-2 against SEC teams in the last 10 years, when they are realistically 0-4. Michigan is 4-1 against SEC teams, they did lose to UT in the Citrus bowl in 2002. But again, pointless argument, the last year Michigan beat Florida, for example, FLorida was 5th in the SEC and Michigan was 2nd in the Big Ten (and there are probably instances that work the other way). So there are other elements to these types of arguments than just w/l, which is why they are pointless to get into. But, it isnt real hard to use actual facts to to argue a point, which was more my reason for stating OSU was 0-4.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Not that it's a huge deal but fine, OSU has lost to 3 different SEC teams not 2. But the fact is for a Tennessee fan to say "Well the SEC owns OSU" when A. their team really had nothing to do with that and B. the SEC isn't a team it's a group of teams in the south with only their location in common.

And not to make excuses because we did lose to South Carolina in 2001, but that was a pretty horrible team.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the NOverines lost to Appalacian State, when they were ranked 5th at kickoff but not so much 5th at the whistle

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Only their location, and national championships, and collective superiority to the rest of the college landscape.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Gloat, I got your analogy and went with it...

You haven't commented on my points. Maybe, I understood your analogy too well?

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No, your thinking of Florida, LSU and Alabama not the SEC. I don't recall seeing South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, the Mississsippis, Georgia and Kentucky winning a championship in the past 10 years. Please. Stop pretending that getting beaten by LSU, Florida and Alabama makes Tennessee better.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Do you have to have won a title in the last 10 years to be a good program? Is that the criteria? And Tennessee did win it all in 98 (I know, not your 10 year time frame, but just outside it) and Auburn was left out of the title game after being unbeaten within your ten year time frame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar