I just beat some highly touted basketball prospect.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Because OSU has such a terrible conference schedule that it's fun to see them lose against southern teams. Especially because OSU fans are so egotistical about their school.

Seriously, Tennessee played Florida and Alabama this season (and every season). You know those would be two losses for OSU.

The only BCS or Bowl game that matters in college is the National Championship game. Tennessee has as many of those as Ohio State. Without the losses. :)

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

And 2 of the 3 teams were beaten in their bowl games, and Texas barely squeaked out a win. Missouri had 4 losses. Yes, technically they were a game away from a BCS bowl because they were in the Big 12 title game, but please dont sell me that 4 losses is a great year. The Big 12 is typically a top heavy conference, but very mediocre once you get past the top 3 teams or so, which is why it is easier for that conference to have 2 or 3 teams with only 1 loss.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why would we have to assume USC is? USC LOST their best player. Florida's best player was 1 year more experienced. Actually, both their best players were...

It's cool- you don't get it. It really doesn't matter, but if you truly think UT, Georgia, or whoever else other than LSU was better than Florida that year- you simply didn't watch much football. You may have checked scores, but that's about it.

4. Deuce Wayne

You're pretending that Iowa isn't just as good as Florida. Or that Penn State wasn't.

And for such a weak OOC schedule, at least they didn't play Chattanooga or FIU.

"OSU fans are so egotistical" - SEC fan. That's priceless.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well I did watch Georgia put up 42 points on Florida and Moreno run for just under 200 yards and Stafford avg 20 yards a completion. But your right, Florida was obviously the better team, and your arguments certainly support that, I promise.

And Florida lost basically their entire defense from the team that beat OSU. That was a down year for Florida. I am sure you will continue to just make stuff up and thats fine, I just hope IQs arent contagious or mine is going to drop if I continueto converse with you.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea and Penn State and Iowa would be losses for Tennessee what's your point? Besides how many times has ANY SEC team had the balls to schedule two games against Texas and USC? The out of conference schedule for SEC teams is a complete joke.

As for your second remark you sound exactly like a Texans fan. "Well the Titans have just as many Superbowls as the Texans." Yea that's true but no Titans fan would trade their history, recent success and roster with Houston just as no OSU fan would trade their history, recent success and roster with Tennessee. You only say that the National Championship game is the only one that matters or whatever else but if Tennessee had won the Sugar Bowl this year, you would have a different attitude.

7. Deuce Wayne

Some times head to head doesn't determine the better team. See: Patriots vs Giants super bowl.

It happens. No one took Georgia seriously outside the SEC- and Florida was already the most hyped team in the SEC.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why would you make entirely false statements such as these? For one thing, Florida plays Florida State every season. Sometimes they are great sometimes not. Georgia plays Georgia Tech every season. Usually Georgia Tech is ranked by the end of the season somewhere in the 20s.

And to top off how b.s. your statement was:

Tennessee has two games scheduled against USC!!! 2021 and 2022.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/pac-10/usc-trojans.php

Besides, you missed my point. Ohio State has to schedule USC or Texas. If they didn't have them on the schedule they might not make the national title. Because the Big 10 is WEAK!

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Umm, the following season Georgia was the preseason #1 team in the country based on the fact they were returning so many guys from the year before. So obviously plenty of people took them seriously, and again, you really dont know what you are talking about.

And yes, upsets happen, nobody denies that. But Georgia beat Florida, and had the better overall record. If you watched that game, there is no way you can come away saying Florida was the better team that year, they simply werent.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So two of your teams in your conference play two ACC teams a year? Now THAT'S impressive. Wow those are some big time games. Your right the SEC and by SEC I mean Florida and Georgia do schedule some tough out of conference games.

So your team finally grew a pair huh?

Wrong. The year our out of conference game was against a bad Washington team we got a National Championship game so your theory is quite incorrect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar