I just dont understand

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

So if the MLB is the worse ever, why is Sirmon still starting? I don't buy that theory. Yeah, Sirmon isn't probowl material, but is he the worst in the league? Better yet, if he is, what does it say about our team that he's starting.. And making 2.5 m to boot?

That would make us the laughing stock of the league... Wait, I think we already are.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You just hit some of the problem. While Bulluck is God around here, the fact is he is not physical, and does get blown off the plays a great deal. He makes a lot of tackles, but sadly they are 10 yards downfield after someone has run by him. Sirmon isn't nearly as bad as people think. Thornton is really our only outstanding linebacker right now. We do need some better linemen, but if we could just keep the ones we have on the field it would help. Odom and AH being out doesn't help, and losing Long early has been a factor in the pass rush. Right now we do not have a dominate front 7, and it is showing.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think thornton has more touble getting off blocks than bulluck does.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

so you blame Bulluck and have no problem with Teflon Drew...interesting.

5. Fry

i just crack up at that everytime.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

certainly one of the greater comments made on this forum

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Their are some that want to blame everything that happens to the Titans on the Defensive Coordinator. Sorry, there's more to it than just that. First off, it doesn't help to have one of your best defensive players suspended, when we have zero depth at that position. Second, when your Offense goes three and out on every series and turns the ball over so much the D gets no rest. It all contributes to poor defense. I think the biggest thing was Pac being out. Wolfolke just can't handle that position. We still lack depth at many positions on D. Although, I'm sure it makes people feel better to think they've got it figured out and blame everything on Schwartzie.

If the offense can get first downs and allow our D to rest they play just fine. They've been proving it all year. Keep in mind we haven't even had a single productive offensive game yet.

8. Fry

poor schwartz. his guys are always too young. or too injured. or suspended. or they dont get enough rest. jeez, you would think he would have resigned by now.

fact is, we bring in more talented guys and the defense gets worse. how does that happen?

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

look i love looking at things from others perspectives but I want you to defend the premise..................defending JS is akin to defending Sirmon or LT..................and realistically I cant fathom why people dont realize people like Donnie Nickey and 59 28 are here because of Fisher.........no one is better teflon coated than him..................a 500 HC for a decade with no championships should be questioned at every move................his records proves that

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Actually, Floyd is more responsible for the players we have. Not Fisher. If you can't realize that we don't have depth on D than you not worth arguing with. Not saying JS is good or bad. We all agree that Gregg Williams is a good DC, right? Where are the Skins right now... He got beat by us!!! That's worse than anything. So, is he horrible?? I doubt it... Last year we were bad. In my opinion we are better on defense than last year. Of course it doesn't really matter if you can't score, and we can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar