I just realized how much I hate it here.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by davidsrobbins, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

I used to come here to try to talk shop with other Titans fans, I just can't do that anymore. The same crazy cats who bashed VY before his rookie season and then again early last season are the same guys who said CJ was too risky of a pick and are the same guys who want 92 back and are the same guys who say 25 doesn't help the team and are the same guys who are going to disagree with the choices the Titans make in the draft this season.

I just hope we can pull a guy out of the first round that either can pressure the QB, step up at LB or shutdown a top grade receiver. If Fish and the guys can do that then once again I will be fired up at the Titans draft choices.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want Kyle Wilson or to trade down to be able to snag Everson Griffen and another pick.

LenDale does help us if given the opportunities to. You'd have to be crazy not to want Haynesworth back at a fair price. Any time you have a Vince Young kind of player, you're going to have tons of haters. And lastly, don't let anyone here make you not want to log-in tomorrow. I get into debates plenty, and still come back for more.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That opening statement about who said what isn't accurate...

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I got mad at the CJ pick just beacause of the Crish henry pick the year before.
    Boy was I wrong big time.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Ok I'll start. I loved the VY pick and still support him I think he will be a very good QB in the league. I'll admit i hated the cj pick but can't argue with the results. I want 92 back why the hell wouldn't I hes a dominant DT and with TB they are sick together in the middle and instantly make our DE's better. 25 doesn't help the team but I blame fisher for that because he doesn't use him so trade him and get value for him instead of letting him waste on then bench.

Were allowed to disagree with picks and most I disagree with I'm right about. We haven't won a super bowl so we kind of have the right to second guess the front office until that happens.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Don't leave; I really would like you to stick around and tell me why you don't think having 92 back doesn't make us a better team. If I'm a crazy cat then you're a silly wabbit for thinking that :)
    In all seriousness, you can't categorize all fans in one of two categories. I've been a fan for along time too and can't remember a player like VY who polarizes our fan base so much. Some cant stand him and some think he's in-vinceable. (I know so cliche but had to)
    My stance on subjects:
    I like VY alot, I think he's gonna finally take us to the promised land once he learns the tricks of the trade and GETS some weapons like Brees, Manning, Brady, Romo, Rivers, Leinart, Rogers and like 10 other QB's in the league have. Sorry I dont consider Nate Washington, Gage, Scaife, Britt and Cook weapons YET. The last two have potential to be weapons but the others are 2nd rate weapons.
    Lendale White; trade him; we don't need him..we can find a suitable replacement in the draft. He served his purpose and is now a secondary option. Might as well get something for him now.
    92- What was our defense the year before? What was it last year? What was the difference? The man is a beast; even if he only plays 80 percent of the time.
    Fisher- good coach, not elite. Too stubborn at times to adapt new philosophies and too much of a players coach to make changes when they must be made. Bottom line, too secure in his job to strive for excellence.
    Keith B and Mawae- I'd be thrilled if he came back but his tenure as a leader is over.

Fans are fans, no one is gonna agree with everyone all the time. Point to remember is that we all love the same team. Hope you stay and sorry for the rant.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you came here for a consensus love-fest you came to the wrong place..
    That would suck anyway.
    Doubt you find that on any fan-run NFL board.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No other team message board is going to be any different. People have different opinions. If you want to find a place where everyone agrees it won't be on a football message board.

I wasn't in favor of picking Young but after the pick was made I became a fan. At the time I preferred Cutler and I'm sure many, including some Titans coaches preferred Leinart. I loved VY his rookie year but the lack of maturity made me question if he would ever step up. After last year I'm 100% behind VY because I know his performance will make or break the team.

I was high on LW when we got him but have gradually soured on the guy because he hasn't progressed. If we can upgrade why not? Ringer is an upgrade IMO. Does that make me a bad person or something?

Yea I'd love to have AH back. He is still lone of the best Dts in the league and I want him here and spending the rest of his career here. I think he is a difference maker and that is what we need to seriously contend. If we don't get him back I'm not going to go suicidal but I think that is the right move for the team and I would give up a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year if that is what it takes.

As for CJ I was screaming for the Titans to pick the kid before most fans even knew who he was (and before the combine). I was shocked when we got him because I wasn't sure that was the direction they would go but he was my pick.

I also have opinions on who we should pick in this draft. Hughes is the guy I like. There are many on this board who probably disagree. I'm also negative on JPP. Whoever we pick will be a guy I cheer for and hope for success.

Calling people crazy and getting all bent out of shape isn't the right attitude. Disagreeing is what a message board is all about.

Stay and enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar