I know its early yet.........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I know it is very early yet and we still need to settle the Mcnair issue. However, lets say Volek is the starter for most of the season what do you see our Regular Season Record here is the Schedule put a W or L by the teams

Sunday 9/10
    NY JETS W (1-0)

Sunday 9/17
    at Chargers L (2-1)

Sunday 9/24
    at Dolphins W (3-1)

Sunday 10/1
    Cowboys L (3-2)

Sunday 10/8
    at Colts L (3-3)

Sunday 10/15
    at Washington W (4-3)

BYE Above 500 at this point would be quite good with that brutal road schedule

Sunday 10/29
    Houston Texans (tough call this year)
    L (4-4)

Sunday 11/5
    Jacksonville Jaguars (I think they take the Divison this year)
    L (4-5)

Sunday 11/12
    The RAVENS (WHAT COULD PROVE TO BE A VERY WEIRD DAY AT THE COLISEUM WITH #9 IN THE BAD GUYS COLORS) W (5-5)

Sunday 11/19
    at Eagles W (6-5)

Sunday 11/26
    NY Giants L (6-6)

Sunday 12/3
    Colts W (7-6) we finally get em at home

Sunday 12/10
    at Houston L(7-7)

Sunday 12/17
    Jags too strong L (7-8)

Sunday 12/24 (xmas eve)
    at Bills w (8-8)

Sunday 12/31
    Patriots w (9-8)

(9-8) is what I thnk the final record will be now thats just a wide open guess at this point but please everybody look at the schedule like I did and give a very early guess at our record.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I've never heard of a 9-8 record

nor have I ever seen anyone win a game and lose a game all in the same week (week 2)

good synopsis though dude

I think 8-8 is very ambitious

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

come on puck... the Titans are freakin' amazing now.. they're going to redefine the way football is played and won.. and won and lost.. and..

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

it all depends on who is @ quarterback and how training camp goes...

and when i find that out, i will give you a prediction

5. Dude, the bye has a pathetic offense...

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

LOL! If we lose during the BYE, Fisher will lose his job on the spot!!!

But seriously, it sounds like Kerry Collins will be our starting QB. But more importantly will be two things...

Can we protect the QB and can we stop the run (without having a pass D near last)? If not, we'll again be below .500.

I actually think we should beat the Texans twice, the Jets, and the Bills. That's 4 wins.

Against the Jets, Dolphins, Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys we should go 3-2 (probably beat Jets, Dolphins and Ravens or Eagles). That's 7 wins.

We can't afford to get swept by the Colts and the Jags if we want to be over .500. For a bottom 5 team, we have to play some serious competition...Colts (twice), Jags (twice), SD, Patriots, and the Cowboys. In fact, the Cowboys, Giants and Skins could all be good this year and if the Eagles revert to previous form, we could end up with one of the toughest schedules in the league.

We have to protect our QB, stop the run (and not look like swiss cheese against the pass) and get White/Brown/Henry to pound the rock.

If Schwartz doesn't get this D into the top 10 (barring a gazillion injuries), he needs to go coach somewhere else. And getting your D into the top 10 starts with stopping the run and ends with stopping the COLTS through the air!!!

Gut

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I believe 8-8 is a very realistic goal this year, however, I think it all hinges on who's the QB and how our line and D have improved. I think our D has improved greatly, on paper that is. Once this situation with McNair is resolved and we have some money, we need to add a vet at the CB position. As for the Colts, they won't be as potent as they've been. Their passing game relied heavily on the running game and with that now very unclear, I believe we can take it to them.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hmmm...

HOW has our D vastly improved this year? Are Hope and Thornton gonna take a D that was 29th in points to top 10?

And what role is this vet CB gonna play? If he starts are you projecting Hill or Pac to nickel? If he doesn't start, why are we signing one?

As for the Colts? I'm hold the Edge in very high regard, but history has shown us that Manning can put up historic passing numbers without a lot of help from the run game. Rhodes has proved he can be a decent back (with more speed than Edge) and Addai is a very good back. They outscore us by a lot and have been vastly superior defensively. So where is your enthusiasm coming from?

If we had brought in Troy Palamalu, Samari Rolle in his prime and a young Keith Bulluck in, that would be one thing...but how many Pro Bowls have Hope and Thornton gone to? And being a New Yorker, the feeling was that Ty Law was soft at CB despite his 10 picks....and was nowhere near his previous form.

On the other hand, maybe HE can teach these young CB's how to play since Schwartz doesn't seem up to it.

But none of this would make us a 50/50 shot in Vegas to even knock off the Colts in Nashville.

With the above said, I sure hope we can pull it off cause I dislike the Colts with a passion. But I agree that a lot of our success and failure will rely on who our QB is, how the OL plays, and how our D performs. And Da Schwartz hasn't shown any ability to outcoach Manning...and he's not even a OC.

Gut

9. W had another thread like this a month ago

Most people said 7-9 or 8-8

I said 7-9, I think if we get a .500 record than we will be lucky, as for this to happen, our starting QB, Volek would have to have started every game, which I'm not sure he can do at the moment.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

For real, but their D is STOUT. No one can score on them. I don't think they've allowed a point in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar