I like the "LP"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

When they first changed the name to LP Field, I hated it. First of all the whole "Louisiana-Pacific" thing didn't really appeal to me, because Nashville was neither Louisiana, nor was it Pacific. Plus getting rid of the name "Coliseum" sucked due to the whole Greece theme that Nashville is.

But going there this season, I like what they've done to the place. I like the Blue houses by the patio places, and they've made it look a lot more "Titan-like" with all of the light blue they've added.

It used to be a pretty neutral place, IMO, but now it is unmistakably the Titans' stadium.

So there you go, Louisiana-Pacific Building Products. You have my support of your sponsorship, not as if you need it, or even care. Good day.:)

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wish folks would nick-name it The Woodshed after re-establish some home field dominance. :)

3. DJB

DJB Starter

I think they should call it the Coliseum and instead of houses they should have roman columns and stuff so it looks like the Parthenon to keep with the Titans theme

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd go with that. I'd add some serious olympic size torches over the north and South endzone stadium that would blast some flames after scores/big plays.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I was thinking the same thing about the roman look with the columns and all. Some time in the future when we get a new stadium they need to build it to look like the parthenon.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they should Greek it up. That would be cool. How about Statues of Titans?

not just mythology statues but hybrid football/mythology statues.

Imagine a Statue of McNair in a chariot wearing football gear but holding a bow with arrow drawn. Maybe but L.Neal in that Chariot holding a shield with Eddie George on the reins...

That would be alot better than the wrecked Honda 750 that sits out on the south lawn. People that attend know what I am talking about. They should commission some art. Nashville has art schools. It doesn't have to cost a fortune. Think about it... Raymond James has a freakin' pirate ship... Gillette has a platoon of minute men...

The place could use some major embellishments... it has improved a bit, though... Good Job LP... I want more though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

You guys have some great ideas, man that would look good.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Release The Kraken

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

the bucs have that stupid little boat, why can't we have a few columns?

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

all i know...is when my wife took me to my first titans game, that stadium was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. i took over 75 pictures of the stadium from the high way!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar