I may be the only one, but I am keeping an eye out for this guy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWycheck, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He should be a tight-end. I just think he's too slow. I liked the lions drafting him, because I'm from detroit and i bleed 3 shades of blue :). But yeah, didn't work out the way i wanted to.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The bottom line is Williams has not been good enough to crack the starting lineup and wasn't even a good backup. He might not even be an upgrade over Williams or Roby at this point.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

1. He left college early following a Maurice Clarett lead
    2. He hasn't done much thus far in the NFL.
    3. He's whining for the ball and that he "is held to a different standard".
    4. He is overweight to line up outside.

Sounds like a turd. I'd give a him a look for free, but not worth trading anything.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Chow knows what he has, and what buttons to push on him, unlike in detroit, where they jus pissed himn off, id bring him in any day

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Considering our troubles in holding on to the ball, any pass catcher we bring in at either WR or TE needs to be a proven guy.

6. smili

smili Starter

Puck, I wasn't trying to be argumentative. I'm with you on missing flights too, but at least they were contributors. I can't find a link, but apparently it's a chronic condition with williams. I remember an article saying he was late so much that he moved just down the street from the practice facility and he still couldn't make it to practice. Here's a reference to $400,000 in fines, but there was another article posted somewhere (here on gotitans maybe) that went into things pretty extensively.

http://www.trojanwire.com/football/mike-williams-playing-for-free.php

With Fisher quickly cutting the RB that showed up to trainging camp out of shape (5th rounder last year I think) I don't think we'd want someone like Williams.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I think Mike Williams needs a wakeup call. His immaturity has cost him a ton of money and soon it will cost him a job in the NFL.

He wants to play at 240lbs? That's crazy...I mean LAZY! You can't play outside at 240 unless everything's gonna be a jump ball.

Mike Williams was 229 at the combine so I'm not sure what his deal is about playing at 230 last year. And if one of the passing guru's of the last 10 years tells you you'd be better dropping 10lbs....DO IT!!! Martz' system is about speed and quickness, not slow and shielding off defenders.

And a guy this immature smells like he could turn into a TO if he ever became that successful. Unfortunately, at this rate, he'll be out of the league in another year or 2 if he keeps up this 'tude.

If I were the Titans and could get him cheap, I'd sit down and tell him like it is and like it'll be or you're gone. If he was cool with being held to a professional standard, I'd give him a chance as long as it wouldn't hurt us much to aquire (and cut him if need be). I'd also let him play at a solid (muscle, not flabby) 225lbs.

But there are a lot of IF's....

Gut

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Is this the same Mike Williams that everyone here was so hot and bothered about a coupla years ago?

Yep...that's the one. Dodged that bullet, huh?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Does USC run a fat farm, lol. We'd have heavy rb and a heav wr. I personally don't care. Some people play better fat, just look at the offensive line. Look at Charles Barkley and Bonzi Wells. And some bodies carry eight very differently. Not all player can get bigger or smaller and have their bodies work normally. Although the nfl seems to think they all can. I have no problem trying him out here and seeing what he can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar