I miss Tagliabue

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tex in a Can, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tex in a Can

Tex in a Can Guest

Never thought I'd say this after he oversaw the Oilers leaving.

One thing about Tagliabue, although he took an unemotional stance to the business of the NFL and pushed relentlessly for more money and better stadiums, you could really tell he loved the game. Goodell just strikes me a a corporate administrator. I have yet to see him make any decision based on any passion for the game. Now with all the heavy handed fines, he seems determined to make it into a soccer game. I'm frustrated. Troy has it right, it's being turned into a pansy sport.

Tex

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I hate Godell. Not a huge fan of Tags, but he was way better than I thoght he was.

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Me too.

4. Wheelhouse

Wheelhouse Camp Fodder

I feel the same way. I never liked Tags and always thought he was just riding Rozelle's coattails and benefiting from what Pete had already put in place. Now, looking at Goodell, I realize what a good commish he actually was...Goodell treats it like a business venture instead of having real passion for the game, or so it appears.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

who doesn't miss Tagliabue. There was just this certain way he announced draft picks that got me excited. Godel sucks, he just keeps on trying to make this name for himself, and no one cares.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I really don't like Goodell at all. His reasons for suspending people is stupid. No convictions for some people but lets wait and see for others. Why hasn't Matt Jones been suspended? He should be gone for the whole year if you ask me. The Patriots got a total slap on the wrist for cheating and Goodell tried to bury that as soon as possible.

But what I hate the most is how people get fined for calling out the refs on a bad call. Why don't the refs get in trouble for it? If you screw up then you should be called out on it, not punished for telling the truth.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Matt Jones got off easy. So did Jason Allen (2 DUIs = 2 games? :bsflag:). What do they have in common? They are white. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. The Parts did not get off early though. A 1st rounder is a big deal.

I think they do. Besides, refs are human, and sometimes they miss things. Can't expect perfection.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

And why isn't the NAACP kicking Goodell in the balls on the daily over this as well???

So much money runs through the NFL, why don't they pay referees REAL salaries, and fine them when they make huge mistakes??? With the way things are currently setup, it's impossible to field the best referees. Maybe it's so not to interfere with collegiate officials??? Still, the NFL fields the best of the best in every position EXCEPT referees. Collegiate officials actually get reprimanded/fined when they make huge mistakes.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've wanted to give Goodell time and a fair chance. I am glad he is doing more to improve the "image" of the NFL and its players. With the ammount of $$ involved for being a professional football player, it is important that these players take that responsibility seriously.

However, his punishments are uneven. I think a spring preseason game is a stupid idea. And I'm not liking his strategy on the international front...

My idea, would be to drop 2 preseason games, and add 1 regular season game played internationally for every team. So a 17 game season. May have to revert back into two bye weeks per team to accomplish this, but that would be ok by me.

I really hope in my lifetime (which i really hope is at least 50 more years) we see a Mexico City team, a few Canadian teams, and a European division. It appeared from NFL Europe that Germany would support solid professional football. I'd love to see a NFL Europe division, but I realize that's a logistical nightmare.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

think it was all the American GIs in Germany who supported the Galaxy or whatever they were called.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar