I need some answers/closure

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cnnnglhm, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Civilized? Its not like we're gorillas here.
    Its entertainment and thats what people want after their needs are satisfied. We didnt have that many entertainment venues or choices prior to the Titans. Level of civilization has nothing to do with it.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I put civilized in parenthesis, sorry you didn't get the point. By having a pro team we appear as a more modern city, and a place to entertain clients. Expand your mind a bit and don't take everything so literal.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

The league has the final say on team moves
    I don't think they'd let the Titans move

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

tell that to Oakland/LA/Oakland

5. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

It's all about the almighty $. Remeber Houston fans adored the Oilers until Bud committed the team to Nashville. It doesn't matter how much the Tennessee fans love the team and even buy the season tickets. In today's NFL, it's all about the luxury box revenue. That is why teams are asking for new stadiums. Nashville just needs to heed the lessons they learned in Houston and the Colts almost experience in Indy. The Colts threatened to move to Cleveland before a new Browns franchise was awarded and to move to LA most recently. The city finally gave in are building a new stadium in order the keep them.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I knew someone would bite on that.

ok man, did you watch the Bud Adams interview on Titans All-Access? They spent the entire show doing his biography and interviewed him extensively. Of course there were issues back in Houston. That goes without saying. Adams could have just as easily taken the team to Jacksonville prior to the NFL awarding the Jaguars franchise to that city. He didn't. Instead he took Houston's lukewarm concessions.

Rewind decades ago when Adams was doing investments in Tennessee... that is where the football tradition that Tennesseans take pride in made an impression on him. He knew that the Oilers would thrive here, even if it was what people term a small market. I'm not saying that Tennessean's enthusiasm for the game was the sole factor... but it was a deciding factor on where to take the team. Not necessarily whether to move it in the first place.

On a side note when Adams phoned Governor Bredeson who was then the Mayor of Nashville.... Bredeson thought the call from Adams was a crank call and hung up on him. He thought it was unthinkable that a large market NFL team would be interested in Nashville. :lol: I guess not. :ha:

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I agree that the team will stay in Nashville for a long time. But, with the talk of L.A. out there, you know that an owner is eventually going to find that to enticing to pass on.

It's just a matter of who it'll be at this point.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm with Bipolar. Bud and Moses was boys. They used to walk dirty, you know the dust getting all over their sandals.

Bud and his family ain't going anywhere. Where would they go? L.A.? Alabama?

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Elf, you are here just in time to read this thread it's last rights.[​IMG]

anyways... you're right. Bud isn't going anywhere.

He still lives in Houston. :ha:

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Honestly LA is so off the radar for almost any team. If you knew LA you would understand. The people/fans do not care. It is not the "in" thing so who cares.

Look at Clipper games, Laker's games (even w/ shaq+kobie)

Dodgers?

Anaheim is right there and the stands are a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar