I retract everything--Billy couldn't possibly play any worse than that...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

And let me add that I'm not making a positive argument for Volek--it's a zero-sum negative after watching Collins flail around in that game--and it was pure coincidence that we were that close at the end, any of you Vols out there know what I'm talking about with the AF game this weekend, only Jets=UT and Titans=AF

Let me reiterate: I do NOT think Volek would have been the difference in that game--I just think even a career backup qb (which I think Volek is) couldn't have done much worse and that Collins should be able to lose that job just like he got it. It should be purely a lesser-of-two-evils battle.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

on the 1 yd line..even Collins could manage that easy play, all he had to do was had the ball off to Henry

3. Didn't we have over 8 penalties, man those pens cost us, so you can't blame Collins hugely when he's driving down the field and there are false starts that push us back, It seemed we'd always face 3rd and long, and its tough for a QB to overcome that...but he did suck...

4. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

That TD didn't tie it. The two-point conversion did. Who threw it?

Vince will be great eventually. That INT was bad.

Now lets argue about that. :rolleyes:

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

nothing like changing the subject ;)

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Did anyone else notice the energy in the air when Vince played his drive? Everyone caught their passes, the fans were loud, everyone just seemed to play better. They got into a rythm. In his one drive he led us deep into their territory. An unluckily timed, underthrown pass was all that ended it. Almost any other time that would have happened it would have fallen to the ground. I really want to see more.

We would have been playing for a draft pick anyway so I don't see why so many people are getting worked up.

On the bright side, our rush defense was looking awesome. Haynesworth really stood out, I swear I heard his name every other play (and Reynaldo's too, but in a bad way). Wade looked great, especially after the catch. Whenever I thought he was about to go down he kept it going for more yards. Finnigan also looked good for the plays he was in. I think he had 6 tackles, plus the sack that knocked the ball loose from Pennington's hands. Bulluck was a monster again with 13 tackles. Vanden Bosch had 8 plus a sack.

Problems? Pass defense, offense as a whole, penalties, dropped passes, turnovers...I'd rather not discuss that.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

everyone thinks he is going to be the savior for this team. But you can tell he is to inexperience to start. He doesn't know the plays (of course neither does KC) yet.
    I for one don't like the swapping of QB's in a game. If you pick one stay with him no matter what. You have to the OL, WR, RB's in sync with the QB and swapping doesn't cut it
    Changing the QB's on the 2 point play was dumb. It took time off the clock not much but a few seconds. Play it out with Collins (yuck) or put Young in full time. I just don't think that is the smart thing to do

8. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I think the whole point of this thread isn't that Volek is better than Collins--it's that Volek MIGHT--might--suck less. None of us want either one of 'em. I was especially loud in the last anti-Volek thread.

But it sounds like you're angry that anyone would even suggest that Kerry Collins could suck worse than Volek, like if he's not the qb next week that you're personally hurt and start blaming the other players for it--when none of us give a damn about either one of them--no vested interest--I wish they both would just disappear--but suck is suck and Collins added a new dimension of suck to our team today.

I'm not saying anything about Volek--his status has not changed in my mind.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Catch-22.
    He doesn't have the experience to start, but if he doesn't play he can't get experience.

This is not a playoff team. Let him learn by doing. We got nothing else to lose. Next year he would be ready to make a run. You can tell that nothing can shake his confidence.

Why did he not return?
    Why put him in for an extra point, get a penality which moves the ball to the 1, and then take him out so Collins can give the handoff for the 2 points? VY couldn't have handed it off?
    This is looking like the start of Fishers last season here.

10. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Angry? C'mon, man.

This is a message board. Don't act like an amateur.

It's pro VS. con, as always. Just like eveything else.

I'm presently debating people at two other boards. It's sunday, it's slow ... & ENTOURAGE isn't on HBO tonight. OK, maybe I'm a little edgy.

At one board, the debate is whether or not Wandy Rodriguez should pitch another game this season for the 'Stros, & at the other, it's about whether or not 9/11 was Clinton's fault.

I say it wasn't ... Clinton's fault, that is. That one's getting a little out of hand.

& I also think that Wandy shouldn't pitch again this year. He's not good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar