I set off the lunk alarm today at Planet Fitness

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeronimoJackson, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Disagree completely (assuming we are talking about cheap fitness gyms).

- Not everyone has ready access to a suitable place to exercise outside assuming the weather cooperates

- Fitness gyms have many amenities that are certainly helpful (i.e. showers, water fountains, bathrooms, a/c.. etc)

- Because gyms have lots of machines, weights, and amenities, you dont need to be as creative to get the same workout on your own. Working out is less of a complicated chore which means you're more likely to stay on the wagon.

2. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I feel like I get my $10/mo worth out of the 12 workouts/mo on average I get from them.

When I think about all the crap that you can easily blow ten bucks on.. I dont see my gym membership as a rip off

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Who doesn't have areas to walk/run?

I suppose the machines are nice, but what ultra important workout cannot be done either in your living room with basic or no weights.. Or outside?

Leg, arm, core workouts can be done with body weight resistance. May take more reps, but you can easily feel the burn with air squats. I heard that's all JCBrave can squat anyway.

I understand in cold climates or in winter, that could be a struggle.

But I do find it pretty faulty logic that joining a club keeps people on the wagon.. Considering club membership books are full of people who rarely show up, if at all.

I am not dedicated to fitness. But if I were, I wouldn't be paying for a club membership.

There are all kinds of parks, etc to go walk in, in my medium sized city, not to mention just walking around the neighborhood.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. nickmsmith

Well, it appears that you are a part of the minority that gets his money's worth. Most people do it as a lazy New Years resolution or some equally lazy attempt at willpower.

Running/lifting in front of people at a gym is strange to me, anyway. Some clubs do have pools though. That's cool. But those usually cost way more than 33 cents a day.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

i heard @JCBRAVE needs to be hooked to a support system to with robotic legs to do a body weight squat

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 520

do the parks with you guys have the workout stations? almost all of em do here now. right now i live like .75 miles away so i run there do the stations and run back if i dont wanna go to the complex "gym"

7. nickmsmith

He said he squatted 3000 or something. I forgot he was using the metric system. 3000 mg.

I always hated squats so much. It's not a tall guy's workout.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. 520

@JCBRAVE max squat is 6 ibuprofens

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. nickmsmith

Don't be rude. That would be a big ass ibuprofen. It would fix the worst headache.

JCBRAVE is my friend. So I'm sticking up for him here.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. nickmsmith

And no, no workout stations here. My city is full of fat people, it wouldn't fly here.
    I've only seen them in California and Miami.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar