I think Kiper might be onto something

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Keeferdog, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

He has us picking Hardy in the first round. With his past legal issues involving an assault on his girlfriend there is no way we would pick this guy unless they were false accusations. It was settle before going to court. Kiper can't be that dumb to have us picking a guy like that after the pacman ordeal. Maybe he knows something we don't.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Welcome to the forum. I moved this to the draft area.

There are all kinds of allegations over certain players. I hope the Titans learned a lesson and are using all the resources available to make sure they know the character of the players they draft.

It's one thing to take a risk with a guy in the fourth. It's another to use a first-round pick on a guy who may have serious character issues.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Bleh, we've got plenty other wife beaters on the team. As long as he isn't shooting people, or hanging around those that do, I don't think they'll care so much.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

My only concern w/ Hardy is that his tempermant was not due to "steroid rage". Otherwise, if his background check is OK as TJ points out should be done, I think his skill set is EXACTLY what our WR corps needs.

5. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Beating your wife or girlfriend is a serious offense. Serious enough that I think we would lay off a guy like that. Which leads me to think Kiper is onto something.

I've been thinking about which reciever I would like us to take since the day the season ended but you guys know how it goes. What the hell do I know sitting here in front of the computer compared to a gm. I like Hardy's size and td production in college as well as his basketball skills. I'm guessing he must be extraordinarily gifted to play both of these sports at the college level.

As for Jackson, I'm a pac 10 guy and have seen him play a lot. His speed and return capabilities are unbelievable. I'd be happy with either one.

I loved to get Jonathon Stewart before either of these guys. This guys is unbelievable. I think he is like an emmit smith with speed. I would bet we would take him if he falls considering the way fisher likes to win ball games, playing stout defense and running the football.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah. Beating YOUR wife or girlfriend - or MY wife and girlfriend is a serious offense. An NFL player though? For some reason they act as if it's a requirement.
    We (Titans) have kept plenty of average guys on the team after being arrested for domestic abuse, so why wouldn't we take a shot on a playmaker?

7. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I couldn't imagine having a guy on my school's team that scored that many tds in a season. There has to be something special about this guy for him to score that much. I think his forty time was under 4.5 as well. This could be our guy.

8. pacman jOWNS

pacman jOWNS Camp Fodder

yea im a fan of hardy too... hell most likely be on the board at 24 and with the recent comments our FO has made, we might go with him

9. reo

reo Starter

Didn't he also allegedly hit or "assault" his infant son in some way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar