I think we may own the keys to Julio Jones.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The closer and closer it gets to the draft, I just don't think there is too much value at pick #8. I want a future QB, but not at the expense of the 8th pick. It's a very confusing spot for us to be at right now, because I think the player we get at #8 is a player we could get 6 or 7 picks down the line.

That being said, I'm all for trading out that spot and gaining a extra 2nd round pick or even a 3rd round pick.

With all the buzz about the Redskins and the Rams really wanting Jones, I think it would be in our best interest to show interest in Julio just to leverage us a trade from either team.

So do you guys see the Redskins or Rams trading with us in order to get Julio? Because we all know Julio would be a perfect fit to go along with Sam Bradford.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think the Rams are licking their lips for Julio Jones. There's no doubt in my mind that they take take him...I think we should mess with them a bit, trade back and stockpile. That's the one thing Bradford was really missing, a #1 WR.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Couldn't agree with you anymore. I just hope the Browns don't get him. It's always nice to hold the rights to a player in the draft :lol:

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Washington could use Julio, but who is throwing to Julio?

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's why I don't understand why they are so much into him. But the buzz is that they want him.

Even if they don't want him, we still got the Rams to play around with.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

First, this whole discussion is moot because there's no way the Titans are taking a WR with so many other way more important needs.

Second, no one's trading up for Julio. The Rams came out today and said that they aren't trading up. Wide receiver is an unimportant position (and it has a really high bust rate) and no team is going to give up multiple picks to take a player at that position.

It all sounds great in theory, but we live in reality. Not happening.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I didn't say we were drafting Julio. I know there is no possibility in that, because he is not our need at #8. More like flirting about drafting him to put pressure on the Rams or Redskins to offer us something.

I actually see this as a possibility. If you saw the Rams you could clearly tell that they were lacking a #1 WR. So it's a possibility they could trade up for him IMO.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Were you watching ESPN like 10 min ago.. lol; they were talking about this.

I've been saying this for a looong time now. That #8 pick will house good talent for Prince Amukamara (Lions) or Julio Jones (Rams). I think we could trade our 1 and 4 for a 1 and 2.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Bradford with Jones would be deadly for years to come. They could dominate that division because it's so weak.

I will say, I personally don't think we're as well off at WR as some might think. I love Britt, but the past 2 years he's missed games because of injury. I'm not a fan of Washington, Gage is old, and Kuharsky even said he thinks he'll be cut, which only leaves D. Will, Mariani, and Hawkins.

Remember last year when our losing streak started? It was the game against San Diego, the same game Britt got hurt. Not having the deep threat really hurt us.

I'm also worried about Britt's off the field issues. He's had run ins with the police 4 times since he's been with the team (if I counted correctly). I really wonder, if player trading was part of the draft if they'd look at moving him, then going after Jones at 8, because if there's a run on defensive players in the first 7 picks, he could very well be the BPA at 8.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yes, because the Rams are going to come out and inform the nation on their draft plans. Of course they'll deny it. And Devaney (rams GM) never said they wouldn't trade up.. he said it's unlikely

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/4/21/2124735/2011-nfl-draft-rumors-rams-unlikely-to-trade-up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar