I want to cut/trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joeman546, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Some people just don't know football.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

i LOVE it when people try to say stuff like this. You are right, I'm not writing the checks HOWEVER i'd like to see our team spend money on players who can help us win a Superbowl. I think we could save that 10 million and use it to get other players that can help us... like u suggested.. on defense. CJ is very replaceable so thank you for making my point. Doug Martin had a few good games this year and he has outgrown his rookie deal, does he deserve a CJ like contract as well?

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

You're usually a smart guy... but with this post, proved otherwise.

Try reading. It works pretty great.

If you notice - ELEMENTARY GRAMMAR - I used words like "if" and "only if".

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

You should clarify who you are talking about... because claiming you DO know football doesn't work too well when you won't even consider the possibility of this.

With a direct answer of "NO" you are not even considering. Besides, aside from some CJ haters, I see some considering the full picture.

CJ is good - not great anymore, but good - but the team is not. By the time the team is good again, CJ may not matter and will have wasted his time and ours by being on this team. I see some claiming maybe we should get something worthy out of him for when we become good again.

There are those that claim to just get rid of him - which I don't see the point.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You say that as if nobody but CJ has any responsibility for the success, or lack of success of the running game. Obviously, if you think that, you don't understand football very well at all, and should probably refrain from commenting on it.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Right, cuz Doug Martin has accomplished the same things CJ had before asking for more money. Wait..............................................................................................................

No, he hasn't. Not even close, but keep making utterly ridiculous comparisons. It's funny.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The success of this team is all on the shoulders of Locker. If we want to make it to the SB then we better make sure that Locker has plenty of weapons. I don't want to create another huge hole. If we ditch CJ and go for a rookie Rb like Martin then we are using up a really good draft pick on a RB again.

I think we keep the offense together. Improve the OL via FA and draft. But focus most of the draft on the defensive side of the ball.

What FA would you want to give CJ's 9 mil to?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Someone who can tackle.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Why can't we afford to pay someone who can tackle? We aren't strapped financially. No need to drop CJ's contract when you have a top 5 back already here and cap space to sign other players already.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Our 1st rnd pick will be on the defensive side of the ball, unless we trade down into the later 1st and draft an OL.

I just don't think we need to start making more holes to fill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar